Whether before the game or a fun gathering in your backyard, your favorite music makes it a special occasion. Tailgater™ makes these events truly memorable with great sound, thanks to its 2-way speaker system and 50-watt dynamic power amplifier. You can stream your favorite music from any Bluetooth device, enjoy its built-in AM/FM radio, or create your own memories with the included microphone. This Article answers some frequently asked questions about the Tailgater™ IPA77.
Frequently asked questions
- How do I pair the Tailgater to my Bluetooth Device?
- My Bluetooth device sees the Tailgater but is unable to connect to it. How do I get my device to reconnect?
- How far can the Bluetooth connection go?
- The sound is coming out distorted. What is happening and how can I fix it?
- My microphone is not working when connected, why?
- My battery will no longer hold a charge, can I replace it myself?
- What are the battery specifications?
- Can I connect a device to the USB ports to send audio?
- My mobile device is connected to the USB port, but it is not charging when using the battery, why?
- Further Technical Support
- Turn on your Bluetooth device
- Power on the Tailgater Bluetooth and it will automatically go into pairing mode to search for Bluetooth devices.
- If your Bluetooth device is not able to pair with the amp, press the disconnect button on the amp to break previous Bluetooth connections and reset the Bluetooth module.
- Navigate to your Bluetooth device’s setup screen, find the Tailgater Bluetooth and connect. Note: If your Bluetooth device prompts for a pairing code, enter ‘0000’.
- The Bluetooth LED on the Tailgater Bluetooth will light up solid when it is paired.
My Bluetooth device sees the Tailgater but is unable to connect to it. How do I get my device to reconnect?
In your device's Bluetooth settings, select the ION SPEAKER and choose "Forget Device" or "Unpair". On the front of the Tailgater Bluetooth, press the Disconnect button. After turning the unit off and on again you should be able to pair your device.
If you are still having difficulty pairing your device to the Tailgater, refer to the article below for more tips and tricks on reconnecting your Bluetooth device!
The range of the Bluetooth connection for the Tailgater IPA77 is up to 100 feet - as long as the transmitting audio source is not moving around, there are no obstructions between the audio source and the Job Rocker, and it is not in a pocket or covered in any way. The range can also be affected by the Bluetooth chipset in the audio source as well.
If the sound from your Tailgater is coming out distorted, try lowering the volume control of the sound source- such as your iPod or iPhone. You should not have your source higher than about 75%.
If you continue to experience sound issues after following the steps suggested above, you may want to contact ION Tech Support.
The included microphone is controlled by two dials on your Tailgater speaker. Ths microphone input knob which controls the input, and the Master control knob which controls the overall output of your speaker.
Both of these dials need to be adjusted accordingly to get input from the microphone out of the speaker.
The radio function of the Tailgater also needs to be in the off position. You can use the microphone with the Bluetooth function or auxiliary input, but the microphone will not function if the radio is on.
Feedback is typically caused by the microphone being too close to the speaker, or the microphone facing the speaker.
There are a few easy steps you can take that can help reduce the likelihood of feedback. Check out the following article to learn more:
Yes!The battery on your speaker is user replaceable and easy to replace! Check out the guide below for a walkthrough on replacing the battery in your ION speaker.
The Tailgater IPA77 has a 12v, 5AH, lead acid battery.
You can find this battery for purchase directly from our website at the link below.
The USB port on the Tailgater Bluetooth is for charging devices only and does not transfer audio to or from the speaker.
The USB ports will only charge your mobile device when connected to an AC power supply. It will not function if you are using the Tailgater off the battery alone.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an ION product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the experienced ION technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.