The ION Audio Slides 2 PC MKIII makes it easy and fun to rediscover your 35mm negatives and slides on your Mac or PC. This guide walks through scanning images with the ION Audio Slides 2 PC MKIII and the included Image Scan Tool software.
If you do not have a CD drive on your computer, you can download the Image Scan Tool software for free in the links below:
Note: For Mac users, if you get the "unidentified developer" pop message, please visit this link to complete the installation process of your program:
Once you have the program installed, follow the instructions below to scan your slides.
- Connect your Slide 2 PC to your computer using the included USB cable.
- Open the application Image Scan Tool. This can be found in your Programs or Applications folder. It may also be on your desktop.
- Click the Folder icon button and select the location to save your pictures.
- Select the proper film type at the top. Choose Slide for the slides with the white border or choose Negative for the negative film.
- Insert your slide holder into the device.
- Click Snapshot on the software screen or press the COPY button on SLIDES 2 PC (hardware).
- You can adjust the location of the film by moving the film holder.
- Press the Save button to save the pictures to your computer.
Note: To ensure the best image quality, please allow about 5 seconds between snapshots and transfers for white balance enhancement. The maximum is 12 pictures in the preview area.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an ION product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the experienced ION technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.