Numark Mixdeck Quad users using an Apple iOS device with iOS 8 and djay2, may experience difficulty controlling the djay2 app and the iTunes and Spotify libraries. This is not a hardware-caused symptom and is due to some adjustments that need to be made in the app on iOS 8. If you experience these symptoms, follow the steps suggested in this guide and you will be back up and running in no time!
- Connect the Mixdeck Quad to an iPad/iPhone. Ensure your using an officially supported Apple lighting adapter.
- Power on the Mixdeck Quad and assign each deck to USB MIDI mode. Follow these two simple steps.
1.) Push in the SOURCE button for both decks of the Mixdeck Quad.
2.) Turn the PARAMETER knob on both decks of the Mixdeck Quad until you see USB-MIDI displayed. Push the PARAMETER knob in to select this source. Both screens on the Mixdeck Quad should turn blank indicating they're in USB-MIDI mode.
- No apps should be running or open at this time.
- Launch the djay2 app.
- In the djay2 app, navigate to SETTINGS > MIDI > Rescan for MIDI controllers. Click on this option a few times to rescan for MIDI controllers and to ensure the Mixdeck Quad was properly scanned by the djay2 app.
- Exit SETTINGS in the djay2 app and begin to use your djay2 app!
Further Technical Support
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an Numark product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Numark technical support team is available to help! Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.