With more and more DJ’s moving from CD and Vinyl formats to software and software-based controllers, popularity is growing for products such as the Numark Mixdeck Express. This guide walks through the proper set up for the Numark Mixdeck Express with Serato DJ Intro.
Note: You do not need to download or install any drivers for the Mixdeck Express to function as expected.
The audio interface in the Mixdeck Express is class compliant. It uses device drivers that are already built into all Windows and Mac operating systems. This means that there are no extra drivers for you to install. This also means that the Mixdeck Express will be compatible with the latest Mac and Windows operating systems the minute they come out - no driver updates needed!
- Connect the Mixdeck Express to a USB port on your computer. Avoid connecting to a USB hub.
- Power on the Mixdeck Express.
- On the Mixdeck Express hardware, prepare Mixdeck Express to communicate with your computer by performing the following on both the left and right deck:
- Press the SOURCE button until it is set MIDI PC.
- Push the "Push To Enter" knob.
- Set the two horizontal input selector switches located above the CH1 and CH2 gain volume knobs on the Mixdeck Express to the right position: PC.
Serato DJ Intro System Requirements
As with any software or hardware product, it is important to ensure your computer meets the minimum requirements. Below are Serato DJ Intro's minimum system requirements and a list of compatible DJ controllers.
Computers that do not meet the minimum specifications may still install and open Serato DJ Intro. However, users may experience a variety of symptoms such as Serato DJ Intro crashing/freezing, slow or delayed response from your DJ Controller's platters/knobs/faders, and clicks/pops or other audio artifacts. Keep in mind that Serato does not support AMD processors, so make sure your processor is an Intel CPU.
Downloading Serato DJ Intro
To download Serato DJ Intro, visit the following link and provide your email address:
- If you've never registered your email with Serato, you will be prompted to create a password and provide your country. If you've registered your email with Serato before, you will be prompted to enter your password.
- After entering the requested information and clicking Continue, Serato will email you the download link for Serato DJ Intro.
If you do not see this email, make sure to check your spam/junk mail folder.
In this email, click the provided link to download Serato DJ Intro.
If this is your first time creating an account or downloading Serato DJ Intro, you may be directed to a webpage asking which hardware you're using. Select the your controller from the list and click Continue.
- After clicking Continue, you will be brought to another Serato DJ Intro information page. At the same time, the Serato website will begin your download of Serato DJ Intro automatically. By default, your computer may save items to your Downloads or Documents folder. If you are prompted to choose a Save Location or Save As, we recommend selecting your Desktop.
- Locate the Serato DJ Intro download and open it. On Windows, open the Serato DJ Intro application within to begin installation and follow the prompts to complete. On Mac OSX, you only need to drag the Serato DJ Intro icon to the Applications folder.
- After completing the installation process, you should now see a Serato DJ Intro icon on your desktop (Windows) or in your Applications folder (Mac).
Make sure your Numark Mixdeck Express is connected first, and then open Serato DJ Intro. That's it!
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an Akai Pro product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Akai Pro technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.