M-Audio presents its Code Series keyboard controllers, a family of three full-featured models, combining all of the production power and performance you need to get the most from your music software and MIDI gear. This guide walks through how to setup with Studio One
The M-Audio Code series is a class-compliant MIDI device. A class-compliant device is one that doesn't require extra drivers to connect your Windows or Macintosh computer. Class compliant devices use drivers which are built into the host (i.e. the computer) operating system.
- Begin by connecting the M-Audio Code series to a free USB port on your computer. We recommend going into the back of your computer, as this is closest to the power supply. This will provide the most power necessary to the controller for optimum performance.
- After connecting the controller to your computer, Windows will install the driver necessary for the M-Audio Code series to communicate with your computer.
- Hit the EDIT button
- Press and hold the SHIFT button
- On your key bank, select the C#, with the label CURVE/MACKIE/HUI.
- You want the display to show MACKIE, and then after about a second, the keyboard will return to the main display. The hardware setup is complete.
- On Windows, Go to Studio One > Options.
- On MAC, Go to Studio One > Preferences.
- Go to the External Device tab.
- First, select the Add Button and copy the settings as suggested below.
- Select New Keyboard
- Device Model: New keyboard
- Manufacturer: M- Audio
- Device Name : Code 25/49/61
- Midi Channel: All
- Receive From : Code 49 ( for Windows) Code 49 USB MIDI ( for MAC)
- Sent To: Code 49 ( for Windows) Code 49 USB MIDI ( for MAC)
- Then select OK.
- Next, to setup the Transport functionality, select the Add button and copy the settings as suggested below.
- Manufacturer : MACKIE
- Model : Control
- Device Name: Control
- Receive From: MIDIIN3 (CODE 49) [ for Widnows], CODE 25/49/61 MACKIE/HUI (for Mac)
- Sent To: MIDIIN3 (CODE 49) [ for Widnows], CODE 25/49/61 MACKIE/HUI (for Mac)
- Then select OK.
You will now have two icons similar to the image below and can now use the controller with Studio One!
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an M-Audio product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the M-Audio technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.