When you want to enjoy great times outdoors, Block Rocker Max comes through for you. This rugged, rechargeable speaker streams your favorite music from any Bluetooth device and pumps out great sound through its 8-inch 2-way speaker system powered by a 100-watt dynamic power amplifier. Plus, the built-in light bars provide exciting lighting effects for a perfect touch. When you want to enjoy great times outdoors, Block Rocker Max comes through for you. This rugged, rechargeable speaker streams your favorite music from any Bluetooth device and pumps out great sound through its 8-inch 2-way speaker system powered by a 100-watt dynamic power amplifier. Plus, the built-in light bars provide exciting lighting effects for a perfect touch. This article answers the most frequently asked questions about the ION Audio Block Rocker Max.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I tell what model ION speaker I have?
- How do I pair the Block Rocker Max to my Bluetooth device?
- My Bluetooth device sees the Block Rocker but is unable to connect to it. How do I get my device to re-connect?
- How powerful is the Block Rocker Max?
- How do I link 2 Block Rocker Max units together?
- Can I stream Bluetooth audio directly from my computer to the Block Rocker Max?
- I get feedback when I use a microphone. How can I prevent this?
- Can I replace the battery myself? If so, how can I replace the battery myself?
- What are the battery specifications?
- Does the Block Rocker Max have a switching power supply?
- What is Easy Pairing? What is NFC (Near-Field Communication)?
- Is my device Easy Pair capable?
- How do I use Easy Pair to connect my NFC capable device?
- I'm having difficulty pairing using Easy Pair. What should I do??
- Is the Block Rocker Max compatible with the ION Block Rocker app for iOS and Android?
- Where can I find further technical support for this and other ION products?
The model of ION speaker you have is clearly labeled on the back of the speaker, in the upper left corner. You can also visit www.ionaudio.com/batteries and enter your product serial number to receive additional information.
- Turn on your Bluetooth device.
- Power on your Block Rocker Max. If you have previously connected to another Bluetooth device, Block Rocker Max will reconnect. To disconnect pairing if the Bluetooth icon is lit solid, press and release the Bluetooth button.
- Press and release the Bluetooth button to start pairing to your device. The Bluetooth icon will start flashing.
- Navigate to your Bluetooth device’s setup screen, find “Block Rocker” and connect.
Note: If your Bluetooth device prompts for a pairing code, enter ‘0000’.
- To disconnect pairing while the Bluetooth icon is lit solid, press and release the Bluetooth button. If the Bluetooth icon is flashing, press and hold the Bluetooth button for 3 seconds to cancel pairing mode.
- To connect to another Bluetooth device, repeat steps 3-4.
Note: Maximum range will be achieved when using devices with Bluetooth 4.0 or higher.
My Bluetooth device sees the Block Rocker Max but is unable to connect to it. How do I get my device to re-connect?
In your device's Bluetooth settings, select the Block Rocker and choose "Forget Device". After your device "forgets" the Block Rocker Max it should be able to reconnect.
The Block Rocker Max is 100W.
You can connect two or more Block Rocker Max speakers together using a 1/8” (3.5 mm) stereo aux cable from the Link Output of one Block Rocker Max to the Aux Input of the second Block Rocker Max. A 2’ cable is included but a longer cable can be purchased from a local electronics retailer.
You can, but Bluetooth streaming from a laptop is often not nearly as reliable as streaming from a smartphone or tablet. You may notice difficulty pairing, audio dropouts, or reduced range when streaming from a computer, especially if you have two Block Rockers linked. It is highly recommended to stream from a smartphone or tablet.
There are a few easy steps you can take that can help reduce the likelihood of feedback. Check out the following article to learn more:
You sure can! The batteries in most ION Audio speakers, including the Block Rocker Max, are user replaceable. Check out the video below, which demonstrates how quickly and easily you can replace the battery in your speaker -
We also have this handy article you can check out for more information.
The battery in the Block Rocker Max is a 12V 9Ah Lead Acid Battery. For more information about the battery, or if you're not sure which ION speaker you have, please visit www.ionaudio.com/batteries.
Yes! The power supply on the Max will automatically switch between 120V and 240V, provided the correct IEC cable is plugged into the power jack.
Easy Pair is a form of NFC tap pairing, otherwise known as 'bump pairing'. NFC stands for Near-field Communication and is the power behind the technology used in the ION Audio Block Rocker Max. More information on what Near-field Communication is can be found here and here.
Basically, NFC allows a device, usually a mobile phone, to collect data from another device or NFC tag at when it is moved into a close range. In many ways, it’s like a contact-less payment card that is integrated into a phone. In other ways, it’s similar to Bluetooth, except that instead of programming two devices to work together, they can simply touch to establish a connection.
Many popular Android smartphones have this feature. To date, there is no iOS device that has this feature. You may need to refer to your device information, manual, or support to determine if your device is NFC-capable, however here are a couple of links that may help to determine if your device has this functionality:
NFC (near-field communication) allows data exchange from devices, such as pairing, by gently bumping them together. Check in your device’s manual to see if this feature is supported.
To use NFC to pair with the Block Rocker Max:
- In order to use NFC, your device must be turned on and unlocked.
- Enter your device’s Settings menu and check that NFC is turned On (one time step).
- Power on the BlockRocker Bluetooth.
- Gently bump your device against the ‘N’ logo located on BlockRocker Bluetooth’s top panel, and hold it there for a couple of seconds.
- Follow the pairing instructions that appear on your phone. If a passcode is required, enter “0000”.
- First, be sure you have an NFC or Easy Pair compatible device: Is my device Easy Pair capable?
- Next, carefully follow the Easy Pair pairing steps detailed above.
- The NFC chip in your phone or device is quite small. Be sure you know where the chip is located in your device, and make sure you're touching this exact spot to the against the ‘N’ logo located on the BlockRocker. If you don't know exactly where the NFC chip is located inside your phone or device, visit the phone/device manufacturer's website to find out.
- While most users won't need to remove their case, if you've come this far and you're still having difficulty, try removing your phone case (if you have one).
- If you're still having difficulty, please contact ION technical support for further assistance.
Yes! All ION Speakers are compatible with the ION Block Rocker app. You can download the app for free from the iOS App Store on your iPhone or from the Google Play store on your Android device.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a ION product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the experienced ION technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.