With Block Party Live, you’re never far from the action. Enjoy a premium fidelity sound system plus an exhilarating light show everyplace you go—inside or out. Simply charge up the battery, extend the handle, and your Block Party Live is ready to roll. This article answers some frequently asked questions about the ION Block Part Live.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What makes the Block Party Live different from the original Block Party?
- Where can I download the ION Party Rocker app?
- What features of the Block Party Live can I control with the app?
- How do I pair my Bluetooth device with the Block Party Live?
- My Bluetooth device sees the Block Party Live but is unable to connect to it. How do I get my device to re-connect?
- My battery shows a low charge but when I put on the party lights, they sometimes strobe when I don't want them to. What do I do?
- Can I replace the battery myself?
- What are the battery specifications?
- How can I tell that my Block Party Live is done charging?
- I get feedback when I use a microphone. How can I prevent this?
- Where can I find further technical support for this and other ION products?
The Block Party Live adds control via the ION Party Rocker app and also adds an extra orange light to the rhythmic light show. The speakers have also been improved to offer enhanced dynamic range and sound clarity.
The Party Rocker app can be download from the iOS App Store or the Google Play Store for Android devices.
The Party Rocker app controls the different light show colors and speeds.
- Turn on your Bluetooth device.
- Power on Block Party Live and it will automatically go into pairing mode to search for Bluetooth devices. You will know you are in pairing mode when the LED is off.
- If your Bluetooth device is not able to pair to the amp, press the disconnect button on the amp to break previous Bluetooth connections and reset the Bluetooth module.
- Navigate to your Bluetooth device’s setup screen, find “Block Party Live” and connect.
Note: If your Bluetooth device prompts for a pairing code, enter ‘0000’.
- Paired LED will light up solid when it is 'paired'.
- To disconnect pairing, press the ‘Disconnect’ button on Party Rocker Live.
- To connect to another Bluetooth device, repeat steps 3-4.
My Bluetooth device sees the Block Party Live but is unable to connect to it. How do I get my device to re-connect?
In your device's Bluetooth settings, select the "Block Party Live" and choose "Forget Device". On the front of the Block Party Live, press the Disconnect button. After turning the unit off and on again you should be able to pair your device.
My battery shows a low charge but when I put on the party lights, they sometimes strobe when I don't want them to. What do I do?
If you get unwanted strobing from the party lights and the battery shows a low charge, connect the Block Party Live to a wall power source for immediate functionality and to begin charging your battery, or turn off the party lights until you are able to recharge the battery to a higher level for continued audio.
Since the lights can use a large amount of power, a single green battery status light left on the battery charge may not be enough to power both the lights and the music. The battery life of a fully charged Block Party Live is up to 75 hours with music only and up to 6 hours with lights and music.
Yes! Check out this handy guide that walks through replacing the battery in your ION speaker.
The battery in the Block Party Live is a 12V 7AH Lead Acid Battery.
The CHARGE light on the front of the Block Party Live will illuminate while charging and go out once the battery is full.
There are a few easy steps you can take that can help reduce the likelihood of feedback. Check out the following article to learn more:
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a ION product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the experienced ION technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.