Our flagship piano instrument is not just any piano. Eighty Eight Ensemble 2 is an exceptional recreation of the Steinway 9-foot CD 327 grand piano. Meticulously sampled and expertly voiced, Eighty Eight Ensemble 2 provides every composer, pianist, and musician the opportunity to infuse their compositions, recordings, and performances with the breathtaking realism of this truly world-class grand piano. This guide will show you how to install and authorize the Eighty Eight Ensemble 2 software.
- Download Eighty Eight Ensemble
- Install Eighty Eight Ensemble
- Authorizing Eighty Eight Ensemble
- Further Technical Support
If you purchased Eighty Eight Ensemble virtual instrument, you will be provided a direct download link during the purchase process. Simply click on the link and download to your computer, then skip to the installation procedure below.
SONiVOX also offers Eighty Eight Ensemble as a trial version. To obtain the trial version, visit the Eighty Eight Ensemble product page and follow the steps suggested below:
- Click on the box that says Trial Version.
- Next enter the information the page requests and choose the appropriate download (PC or Mac).
- A trial version authorization code will appear. Enter the code and your download will begin.
On a Mac, the download will be one single file. Simply run the installation file to begin.
On a Windows computer you will want to right-click on the downloaded file and select Extract. Once extracted, the files will be shown as in the image below.
Note: If you do not have an Extract option when you right click on a Windows computer, here is a link to a great free unzipping program that we recommend installing.
- On a Windows computer, be sure that all the extracted files are in a single folder before beginning. Then, run the file titled EightyEight2_PC.exe and proceed through the install.
- Accept the Agreement and choose Next.
- Ensure both the 32-Bit and 64-Bit boxes are checked. This is extremely important. If both options are not chosen, you may not be able to locate the application file to run the standalone version of the DVI or the plugin. Then choose Next.
- Choose your VST location or let it install to the default location and choose Next.
- Choose your Sample Content folder or let it install to the default location. Choose Next.
- Select your installation type or allow the complete installation to be installed. Choose Next.
- Choose Install. The program installs on your computer to the locations you previously chose. You will now be able to use the program as a standalone or as a VST from your preferred DAW.
To authorize Eighty Eight Ensemble, it needs to be scanned in your Digital Audio Workstation (DAW). Some programs like Pro Tools scan automatically while it opens. Other DAWs require the correct file path to be added before it will scan a new plugin. In the example below, we authorize Eighty Eight Ensemble using the Akai Pro MPC Software.
- First, in the MPC software, go to Edit > Preferences to open the Preferences window. Click on the Plugins tab, and add the correct folder where the Eighty Eight Ensemble plugin is located. Then choose Scan New.
On a Windows computer, the default installation location for both the 32-bit and 64-bit VST plugin is: C:\Program Files (x86)\SONiVOX
On a Mac, the default VST installation location is \Library\Audio\Plug-ins\VST and the default AU installation location is \Library\Audio\Plug-ins\Components
- Once it is scanned the authorizer will open.
- To activate, click on Activate and enter your Activation Code. If you choose to Try, you will be prompted to log in or create an ilok user account. This is required for security and trial version purposes.
- It will then ask where you would like to save the license file. You can choose to save it to your computer or your USB iLok (not included).
- Eighty Eight will now show in your iLok user account (which can be viewed by opening the iLok Manager) and you are ready to use the software in your DAW of choice.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an Akai Pro product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Akai Pro technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.