Sonivox has a ton of great, affordable Downloadable Virtual Instruments (DVIs). This article addresses the DVI installation process on a Mac operating system and helps the user understand how to install a Sonivox DVI correctly, and where the information stores in case you ever need that information. Once the DVI is installed correctly, the creative options are nearly endless!
- First, click on the link provided in your e-mail and download the installation file. Once downloaded, locate the downloaded installation file and double-click on it to begin the installation.
- You may get the following security message. Choose Open.
- The Introduction window will open. Choose Continue.
- Review the License Agreement and choose Continue.
- A License Agreement sub-window will appear. Choose Agree to continue forward.
- Review the Installation Type information and press Install to begin the installation.
- A window may appear requesting a directory to install the sample content. We recommend allowing the installation to install to the default location. Choose Continue.
Note: If you have not previously installed a program that uses PACE (InterLok) drivers, you may at this point be unable to press Continue as suggested above until you install the PACE (InterLok) drivers as suggested below:
In the window that opens, choose Continue.
Review the Read Me information and press Continue.
To continue forward, choose Agree in the window that opens.
When you are ready, choose Install to allow the driver installation.
Finally, when finished, choose Quit.
- Once you have gone through the PACE (InterLok) driver installation - or if you did not need to install them because you previously already have - then choose Continue as mentioned in Step 7.
- In the window that opens, we recommend allowing the installation to install to the default location. Press Choose.
- Allow the installation process to proceed.
- Once the installation has finished, press Quit to complete the process.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a SONiVOX product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the SONiVOX technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.