The Numark NS7II is like no other DJ controller on the market. To take full advantage of this complex DJ system we strongly recommend users to read the Quick Start, and User Guide, front to back. In this article we answer the frequently asked questions that many users want to know.
- Is there a trade in program that will allow me to trade-in my existing NS7 and receive a discount on an NS7II?
- Does my bundled Serato DJ software only work with the NS7II or can I use it with any other Numark controllers?
- What DJ software is included with the NS7II?
- What DJ software supports the NS7II?
- Can the motorized platters on the NS7II be disabled?
- Is there a Vegas Mode or Demo Mode built into the NS7II that causes the lights and platters to move?
- How many effects are included with the Serato version shipping with the NS7II?
- Is the crossfader user replaceable?
- Where can I purchase a new crossfader?
- Are the platters on the NS7II belt driven or direct drive?
- Are the drum pads velocity sensitive?
- Does the NS7II interface with an iPad or iPhone?
- Will the Vinyl records from the original NS7 fit the NS7II?
- What flight/travel case can I use to transport my NS7II?
- Does the NS7II have an attached laptop stand option like the original NS7 did?
- Is DVS supported with the NS7II?
- When DJing with Serato DJ I can hear clicks and pops in my music. What can I do to fix this?
- Why aren't the four channels on the NS7II interchangeable in Serato DJ?
- Where can I get further technical support?
Is there a trade in program that will allow me to trade in my existing NS7 and receive a discount on an NS7II?
Yes. Select retailers are currently offering a trade in, trade up promotion. This deal will allow you to save up to $500 on your new NS7II purchase with the trade in of your original NS7. For more info, and a list of participating retailers check out this link: http://www.numark.com/microsites/tradeup
Does my bundled Serato DJ software only work with the NS7II or can I use it with any other Numark controllers?
Serato DJ works with a wide variety of Numark controllers. For a full list of compatible Serato DJ controllers please visit: http://serato.com/dj/hardware
Serato DJ software is included for free with your NS7II purchase. To download Serato DJ please visit: http://serato.com/dj/downloads
The NS7II is a native plug & play Serato DJ controller. The NS7II may work with other DJ programs as it is MIDI compatible, but is currently only supported by Serato DJ.
Yes. The NS7II's motorized platters can be turned off by pressing the Shift + Slip Mode.
Is there a Vegas Mode or Demo Mode built into the NS7II that causes the lights and platters to move?
Yes. To initiate the NS7II Demonstration Mode, power on while holding the right SYNC, and CUE buttons on Deck B.
The version of Serato DJ that ships with the NS7II includes 12 iZotope effects. Two banks per channel, 3 effects per bank, 6 effects simultaneously on any channel. You can also purchase additional effect packs within the software. For more info, and full features of Serato DJ please visit: http://serato.com/dj/features
Yes. The CP-Pro long life crossfader is user replaceable. Crossfader Part No. TWPC07C04901 - Cross Fader PCB Assembly. Note: It's the same 2mm allen key as used with the NS7 and NS7FX to take apart the panel of the mixer.
You can purchase the CP-Pro crossfader from many online retailers. You can also order this part directly through Numark. To order please contact our parts team: 401-651-3131 Ext. 1406
The platters on the NS7II are direct drive. Direct drive is the industry standard for professional grade turntables.
Yes. The 16 MPC pads are velocity sensitive.
The NS7II has external inputs on the rear that will allow you to connect any audio device such as a phone, tablet, or drum machine etc.
Yes. The original NS7 Vinyl and spindle accessory will fit the NS7II. In order to use original NS7 vinyls you will need to use the original spindle and holder.
The NS7II can use any case that fits the originally NS7, as well as new cases built specifically for the NS7II. There are many vendors that offer flight cases.
Yes! The NS7II laptop stand will be available in late 2013 (sold separately).
Yes! With the release of Serato DJ 1.7.7, both NS7II and NS7III users can now utilize Serato's DVS Expansion Pack.
Some Serato DJ users on both Mac and Windows computers have experienced clicks and pops during audio playback. We have found that removing the device from MIDI Studio Window (Mac), and lowering the Maximum Screen Updates Per Second (Windows & Mac) in Serato DJ improves this, and in some cases completely resolves the issue. See the steps below.
Removing a Device from MIDI Studio (Mac Only)
- Open a new finder window and navigate to Applications > Utilities.
- Double click Audio MIDI Setup.
- Select Window from the top menu and ensure that MIDI Studio is checked.
- With the Numark controller disconnected click the Numark USB Audio Device.
- Click Remove Device from the top of the MIDI Studio window.
- Reconnect you Numark Controller.
Lowering the Maximum Screen Updates Per Second (Both Windows & Mac)
The NS7II in Serato DJ were developed to work seemingly together. The crossfader contour on the hardware accommodates separate line or phono inputs and allow you to adjust which software decks are being edited by the crossfader. The software's outputs on the NS7II specify what deck assignments are on the hardware. They are not interchangeable in the software, though you can edit crossfader assignment.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a Numark product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Numark technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.