The Numark Mixtrack Pro II offers pro-level touch-sensitive platter control over DJ software such as Serato DJ. This guide walks through how to setup your brand new Mixtrack Pro II with the included Serato DJ Intro software.
Plug in your Mixtrack Pro II to your computer via USB. Avoid using USB hubs, and if on a desktop computer, make sure to plug the controller into one of the USB ports on the back to ensure enough power is making it to the Mixtrack.
- The Mixtrack Pro II is class compliant, so no additional drivers are necessary besides the ones built into your computer. Once connected, you can open up Serato DJ Intro and get full functionality.
Serato DJ Intro is a powerful software that makes it quick and easy way to beatmatch, mix, and scratch music files from your computer using a wide variety of DJ controllers. This guide covers downloading and installing Serato DJ Intro.
Serato DJ Intro System Requirements
As with any software or hardware product, it is important to ensure your computer meets the minimum requirements. Below are Serato DJ Intro's minimum system requirements and a list of compatible DJ controllers.
Computers that do not meet the minimum specifications may still install and open Serato DJ Intro. However, users may experience a variety of symptoms such as Serato DJ Intro crashing/freezing, slow or delayed response from your DJ Controller's platters/knobs/faders, and clicks/pops or other audio artifacts. Keep in mind that Serato does not support AMD processors, so make sure your processor is an Intel CPU.
Downloading Serato DJ Intro
To download Serato Dj Intro, visit the following link and provide your email address:
- If you've never registered your email with Serato, you will be prompted to create a password and provide your country. If you've registered your email with Serato before, you will be prompted to enter your password.
- After entering the requested information and clicking Continue, Serato will email you the download link for Serato DJ Intro.
If you do not see this email, make sure to check your spam/junk mail folder.
In this email, click the provided link to download Serato DJ Intro.
If this is your first time creating an account or downloading Serato DJ Intro, you may be directed to a webpage asking which hardware you're using. Select the your controller from the list and click Continue.
- After clicking Continue, you will be brought to another Serato DJ Intro information page. At the same time, the Serato website will begin your download of Serato DJ Intro automatically. By default, your computer may save items to your Downloads or Documents folder. If you are prompted to choose a Save Location or Save As, we recommend selecting your Desktop.
- Locate the Serato DJ Intro 1.2.0 download and open it. On Windows, open the Serato DJ Intro 1.2.0 application within to begin installation and follow the prompts to complete. On Mac OSX, you only need to drag the Serato DJ Intro icon to the Applications folder.
- After completing the installation process, you should now see a Serato DJ Intro icon on your desktop (Windows) or in your Applications folder (Mac).
Make sure your DJ Controller is connected first, and then open Serato DJ Intro. That's it!
Serato DJ Intro requires that a compatible controller is connected to use. If you open Serato DJ Intro and see a "Hardware Disconnected" message, as shown in the picture below, this indicates DJ Intro does not detect your DJ controller is connected to your computer or that you are not using a Supported Controller. Try the following steps to troubleshoot:
- Ensure the USB cable from your DJ Controller is plugged in at both ends.
- Test with another USB cable.
- Connect the USB cable from your DJ Controller to another USB port (for desktop computers, it is preferable to use a port on the back of the computer)
- Remove any other USB devices connected to your computer.
- Verify that the controller appears in your Device manager (Windows users) or Audio MIDI setup (Mac users)
- Reset the computer.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a Numark product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Numark technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.