The Numark 4TRAK is one of the best Traktor controllers on the market. This guide will help you update your Traktor 2 Numark Edition software from 2.1.3 to the current version giving you all of the latest Traktor 2 features. We will also walk through the steps required to fix any FX Bar LED issues you may be having.
- Installing Numark 4TRAK Drivers
- Updating Traktor 2 4TRAK Edition
- Configuring the Numark 4TRAK Hardware with Trakor 2
- Fixing the FX Bar LED's
- Further Product Support
In order for the Numark 4TRAK to work properly on your computer you will first need to install the latest version of the hardware drivers. If you have previous drivers installed from a CD that was included with your 4TRAK, I recommend removing them and using the drivers below. Make sure that you remove drivers using the Driver Remover Tool that is included with the download below. This will ensure the outdated drivers are completely and properly removed.
- Download and Install the appropriate Windows or Mac driver below.
- Run the included Driver Remover Tool to uninstall any previous drivers.
- Run the Driver installer. Do not plugin the 4TRAK until prompted to do so.
- Once installed restart your computer to complete the installation.
Some Numark 4TRAK users have reported that they are unable to update their software past v2.1.3. If this applies to you then follow the steps outlined below. If you are a Traktor Pro user, or you're not having difficulty updating to the latest version of Traktor through the Service Center you can skip to Fixing the FX Bar LED's section below.
- Download and Install the Traktor Pro 2 Demo. The Demo will install over the current version 2.1.3 while leaving your collection, and playlists intact. Don't worry you will not be limited to only demo features as you have already unlocked the 4TRAK Edition, and this will carry over to the updated version.
- Once the install completes run Traktor 2.
- When prompted choose Yes to import your collection, and settings from the previous version 2.1.3.
- It should also authorize the Traktor Pro 2 demo with your 4TRAK Edition Serial Number unlocking Traktor Numark 4TRAK Edition. If it doesn't do this automatically you may have to open the Service Center and enter the Traktor 4TRAK Edition Serial number to unlock the demo.
- Open Traktor 2.
- Click the Preferences icon from the top left corner.
- Click Setup Wizard from the bottom left of the Preferences window.
- Click finish to configure and close this window. The Setup Wizard will automatically configure the Numark 4TRAK for use with Traktor 2 software.
- The Numark 4TRAK will now work with Traktor 2 software, but there are a few final steps to complete the setup.
Some users mostly on Windows computers have reported that their FX Bar LED sometimes stop working after relaunch of the Traktor 2 software. The steps below will fix those issues. If you are not experiencing issues with your FX Bar LED's then you can skip this section entirely.
- Download the FX Bar LED Fix Mapping File.
- Unzip the file to a folder you can easily find later, I recommend saving to the Desktop.
- From the Traktor Preferences window click on Controller Manager.
- Click in the Device box, and select the Numark.4TRAK.Main, set the In-Port and Out-Port to Numark 4TRAK (midi).
- Click in the Device box and select the Numark.4TRAK.FX.
- Click Edit, and choose Delete.
- Click Yes to confirm.
- Back in the Controller Manager window choose Add > Import TSI > Import Other...
- Locate the updated FX Bar mapping file that we downloaded from step 1 above. Click open to load the mapping into Traktor.
- Lastly ensure that the correct In-Port and Out-Port are set to the FX Bar and not All Ports.
- Now close the preference window and enjoy using your Numark 4TRAK with the latest version of Traktor.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an Numark product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Numark technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.