The Marq Lighting Gamut PAR H7 is a low-profile LED wash light with 6-in-1 LED color technology (RGBAW/UV) that generates a broad spectrum of colors, while maintaining a natural color temperature for effective target illumination. This guide helps to answer some questions about setting the Marq Lighting Gamut PAR H7 up and using it properly.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What does the Gamut Par H7 include?
- Does the Gamut Par H7 have DMX capability?
- What is DMX?
- How do I set up the Gamut Par H7 with DMX?
- What is the Powerlink feature?
- Does the Gamut Par H7 have a Sound-Active mode?
- How do I setup the Gamut Par H7 in Slave mode?
- Will the Gamut Par H7 work with standard C-Clamps?
- Further Technical Support
The Marq Lighting Gamut Par H7 includes the following items:
- Gamut PAR H7
- IEC cable (power cable)
- DMX cable
Yes it does! The Gamut Par H7 has the traditional DMX IN and DMX OUT ports. This allows you to use these lights with a qualified DMX controller, and with the proper DMX Cables.
DMX is a lighting control protocol. Here is a link to a great article that will help explain the fundamentals of DMX.
If you are going to use the Marq Lighting Gamut Par H7 with a DMX controller, follow the steps suggested below:
- Connect a DMX cable from the DMX output on the DMX controller that you are using, and attach it to the DMX input on the Gamut Par H7. Below is a picture showing this.
- You can chain up to 25 Gamut Par H7 control boxes together by linking each through the built in DMX output to the DMX input of the following unit.
- These will operate over 3 channel modes, 11, 8 and 6. To see what each channel mode does please refer to pages 6-10 of the manual.
The Powerlink feature lets you link up to 6 Gamut Par H7's together with power cables (IEC cables). One reason to do this may be if you have a shortage of wall outlets or power supplies to plug multiple units into. You can then power all of them when having just one Marq Lighting Gamut Par H7 connected to a wall outlet.
- Insert the included power cable into the wall and then the other end into the Marq Lighting Gamut Par H7.
- On the opposite power plug on the Marq Lighting Gamut Par H7 you will see a power jack that works the opposite way. On this jack plug the opposite end of an IEC cable here.
- Now plug the other end of the power cable into the power jack of another Marq Lighting Gamut Par H7. This will supply power to the Marq Lighting Gamut Par H7.
The Gamut Par H7 does have an automatic "sound active" mode. This allows the unit to operate independently and perform an "easy show" for you, free of a DMX controller.
This is very easy to do, learn how by following the steps suggested below:
- Press the MENU button to access the Gamut PAR H7’s menu.
- Use the UP or DOWN buttons to find the Auto selection.
- Press the ENTER button to switch to Auto mode.
- Use the UP or DOWN buttons to choose the sound active auto programs. They are numbers S-01– S-04.
- Press ENTER to choose this mode and to enter into its sub category.
- Now you can use the UP or DOWN arrows to choose the sound sensitivity. Lowest will be 000 and highest will be 255. To choose the value just press the ENTER button.
- You are now done entering the Marq lighting Gamut Par H7 into the built in sound active mode.
The Gamut Par H7 has a slave mode so you can connect multiple Gamut Par H7's together and have them sync up. The Slave mode for the Gamut Par H7 has 4 different modes that will give you variations of colors and patterns and will stay in sync with the master Gamut Par H7. These modes allow you to have a bit more fun with your standalone units while keeping them all in time. To learn how to do this, follow the steps suggested below.
- Press the MENU button to until you see the menu read SL -.
- Now press the Enter button on the Gamut Par H7 to be able to choose one of the 4 different Slave modes.
- Use the UP or DOWN buttons to choose the slave mode you want. They are selections SL01–SL04.
Yes! the Marq Lighting Gamut Par H7 will fit any standard C-clamp on the market so you can hang this from your lighting fixture.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a Marq product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Marq technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.