The Marantz Professional PMD661MKII sports a refined professional feature set that builds upon the legacy of the original PMD661 by maintaining the ergonomic top layout focused around highly developed multi-functional controls, ensuring comprehensive single handed operation. This article walks through a number of frequently asked questions about the PMD661MKII.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where do my recordings save?
- Can digital recordings be encrypted?
- How long can it record on battery power?
- How can I transfer files?
- Can parts of an audio file be separated or marked so I can transfer or locate it easily?
- Further Technical Support
The PMD661MKII is a solid-state audio recorder that saves directly to the inserted SD or SDHC card up to 32GB in size.
Security features of the PMD661MKII include Password Protection and File encryption ability that work hand in hand to keep recordings safe form unauthorized access. MP3 files can be encrypted to .MPS files and WAV files encrypted to .WAS files. Both MPS and WAS files utilize a 4 digit password protection feature so that only those with the 4 digit key can open and play the files either on the player, or in the new updated PMD Marker Editor software, available as a direct download from the PMD661MKII product page.
The PMD661MKII is a robust and industry leading high-quality solid state portable audio recorder that allows for total portability by providing a battery compartment for your convenience. Four AA Alkaline / Ni-MH batteries allow for up to and around 5 hours of actual recording time.
Alternatively, the PMD661MKII also provides a power supply connection for use with the included 5V, 1.5A pin-positive auto-switching power supply.
There a few different ways of transferring files. The most common and easiest are:
- Simply remove the SD card and insert it to a computer. You will be able to access the files easily and immediately from the SD card as though it were an additional hard drive on the computer. Drag-and-drop the preferred audio files.
- The PMD661MKII can be connected directly to a computer via the included mini-USB to USB-B cable. With the SD card still inserted in the PMD661MKII, the audio files can be accessed directly in the same manner as described above. More information on this process is available on page 38 of the attached Reference Manual.
Every time a recording begins, a new file is created. Each file is saved individually and can be accessed as described above.
There are also a number of other advanced options as well. For example, Manual Track allows the user to create a new track (new audio file) on the fly. Sections of a longer audio track can be segmented out and copied using the Copy Segment option. Use the File Divide option to cut up longer audio recordings. Also, Marks can be added to a long recording to easily find specific points of interest without dividing the file.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a Marantz Professional product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Marantz Professional technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: phone support, email support.