Vocal Studio Pro II is the all-in-one solution for your computer-recording projects. Lay down vocals on your latest tune. Narrate your next podcast. Add a voice-over to your multimedia production. Vocal Studio Pro II does it all. The unique combination of high-performance hardware and easy-to-use software makes it possible.
Make sure to have the included XLR cable and the unit already connected to your computer.
- Plug the female end of XLR cable into the end of the microphone.
- Plug the male end of the XLR cable into input #1 on the M-TRACK MKII.
- Plug the USB cable into the M-TRACK MKII and the other end into your computer. This gives the M-Track MKII power, and allows it connect to the programs in your computer.
- Turn the switch for +48V up to turn on the Phantom Power. Phantom power allows condenser mic's like the one included to be able to work and function properly.
- Test the mic by gently tapping or speaking into it. Turn the Gain knob up slowly to increase the volume of the mic's signal going to the M-TRACK MKII. You will know it is working by seeing the LED indicators on the M-TRACK MKII go up and down.
- Open up Ableton Live Lite. If you need help installing or authorizing your software, please refer to Ableton's handy guide. Once Ableton is open go to Options > Preferences. On a Mac this will be Live > Preferences.
- In the Preferences window, click on the Audio tab. For the Driver Type, select MME/Direct X and then the M-Track MKII as your Audio Input and Audio Output devices. On a Mac you will choose CoreAudio instead of MME/Direct X.
You can now exit out of this window.
- Go to View and select In/Out. This will bring up the input and output options of any audio tracks you've created.
- On your audio track, set your Audio From to Ext. In and set the input to be either input 1, 2, or 1 & 2 (if you have a stereo signal plugged into both inputs of the M-Track II). Clicking on the Record Ready button will arm the track and enable you to monitor your incoming audio.
- At the top of the screen, pressing Record and then Play will begin your recording!
When you're finished you can press stop to end the recording.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an M-Audio product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the M-Audio technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.