The M-Audio Trigger Finger Pro is a very versatile hardware sequencer that works with any music recording or DJ software that supports MIDI. The following guide will cover the basic setup with Pro Tools 11, as well as take a brief look at some the more advanced Mackie/HUI control assignments.
Table of Contents:
- Trigger Finger Pro Hardware Setup
- Advanced Mixer, and Transport Assignments
- Pro Tools Peripherals Setup
- Loading Arsenal as a Plug-In
- Further Product Support
- Plug in the USB, and Power on the Trigger Finger Pro.
- Turn the top encoder to PRESET 03: PT & Arsenal.
- Press the menu button below LOAD to load the selected preset.
- Press the menu button below EXIT to exit the Preferences.
If you wish to use the standard preset feel free to skip the Advanced section below, and go directly to software setup & preferences.
The Trigger Finger Pro gives you the ability to completely customize the assignments, and functions of the Transport controls, Cursors (DAW Control), and Mixer section (Control Bank). Lets take a look at a few of those settings.
- Press the CTRL button to open Mapping Assignments.
- Turn the Top Encoder (2) to cycle between Knobs, Faders, Buttons, and Advanced.
- Press the menu button (1) below MAPPING:Arsenal/Mackie. This will allow you to assign the Knobs, Faders, and Buttons of Banks A, B, C, & D to control Arsenal, HUI, Mackie, MIDI depending on your desired setup. For Pro Tools controls you will want to select HUI.
Mapping Assignment Controls
- The Menu Button (1) below TOGGLE: ALL will change all Banks A, B, C, D to the same setting (Arsenal, HUI, Mackie, MIDI).
- The Encoder Knob (2) will switch between Knobs, Faders, Buttons, and Advanced.
- The Mixer Knob (3) will change the individual assignment of its corresponding Bank (A,B,C,D).
Assigning Transport Controls
The Transport buttons can be assigned to control various functions including None, MIDI R/T, MMC, MIDI + MMC, MIDI CC, Mackie, and HUI. For Pro Tools we will be using the HUI setting. When the Pro Tools & Arsenal preset is loaded the Transport, and Cursors are automatically configured to HUI. If you wish to change this see the steps below.
- Press the CTRL button.
- Turn the CTRL TYPE Encoder Knob until it reads ADVANCED in the top left corner.
- Press the menu button below TRNSPRT: until it reads HUI (Pro Tools), or your desired setting.
- Press the CTRL button.
- Open Pro Tools.
- From the top menu click Setup > Peripherals...
- Click on the MIDI Controllers tab.
- In the Type drop down list select HUI.
- In both the Receive From, and Send To drop downs select Predefined > Trigger Finger Pro, Mackie.
Note: The Trigger Finger Pro, Arsenal port should only be used when running Arsenal as a standalone sound module, and not inside your DAW.
- Close the Peripherals window.
- Add an Instrument Track by clicking Track > New... from the top menu. You can also use the keyboard shortcut which is Ctrl+Shift+N (Windows), or Cmd+Shift+N (Mac).
- From the New Tracks window click in the track type box and select Instrument Track from the list.
- Open the Mixer view by clicking Window > Mix from the top menu. You can also use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+= (Windows) Cmd+= (Mac).
- On the top of the Instrument Track's channel strip click a blank insert slot and select Plug-in > Instrument > Arsenal (Mono/Stereo).
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an Numark product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Numark technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.