The ION Audio Select LP is a high-quality turntable that plays your cherished records and converts them to digital files on your computer. This article walks through a number of frequently asked questions about the Select LP.
Frequently Asked Questions
- I would like to order a new stylus. Where can I get one?
- Can I use a 78 RPM record with this turntable?
- The audio from the stereo speakers I connected is coming out distorted. How can I fix it?
- What do I do if I am hearing a hum through my speaker or laptop when using the turntable?
- My turntable won't spin when I move the tone arm over the record. What do I do?
- Is the turntable belt replaceable?
- Is the tone arm adjustable?
- My record is not playing at the correct speed; its pitch is too high or too low.
- Is the turntable powered by the USB port?
- My record is skipping. What should I do?
- Why does my turntable move when I push on it?
- Where can I get further technical support?
The Select LP utilizes a high-quality Audio Technica AT3600L stylus and magnetic cartridge which can be found at various third-party retail locations online. They can also be ordered directly from ION Audio by calling 1-401-659-3743 ext. 1406.
Absolutely! However, we recommend obtaining a 78 RPM stylus to be used with your 78 RPM records. ION Audio utilizes a a high-quality Audio Technica AT3600 78 RPM stylus and magnetic cartridge which can be found at various third-party retail locations online. For example, you can obtain a compatible 78 RPM stylus here and here.
If you have connected speakers to the Select LP using the RCA Audio Output connections, do NOT connect the RCA cables to a Phono input as this could damage your speakers. Ensure that you connect them to a line-level input such as AUX, CD, or TAPE.
If you are recording to a laptop:
- Please connect the laptop to a grounded power supply (3 prong).
If you are playing through a speaker:
- Ensure you are using the 12V DC 1A pin-positive power adapter that was included with your product.
- If your volume is on max, try turning it down until the hum stops.
First, try the following steps:
If you continue to have further difficulties, contact ION Audio Technical Support for further assistance.
Yes! For details on how to change or re-attach your turntable belt, see this guide.
The ION Audio Select LP does not have an adjustable tone arm. However, the tone arm is optimized and professionally engineered to provide optimal playback and sit perfectly in the groove to give the highest quality recording.
First, ensure the 33 / 45 / 78 switch is set to the correct speed for your record.
If the 33 / 45 / 78 switch is set correctly and the speed it still slightly off, do the following:
- On the underside of Select LP, find the rubber pad with the RPM speed you want to adjust, and gently lift up the rubber pad to remove it.
- For the 45 and 33 RPM setting, push through the rubber seal, and tighten/loosen the screw using a Phillips-head screwdriver to fine-tune the RPM speed.
- For the 78 RPM setting, tighten/loosen the screw using a flat-head screwdriver.
No. The Select LP is powered with the included 12V DC 1A pin-positive power supply.
If the record is skipping, try cleaning the record directly using standard LP cleaning techniques. For some materials that can help with the cleaning of your vinyl, you can find the VINYL ALIVE Record Cleaning Kit on the ION Audio website. If the record continues to skip, consider replacing the stylus by following the steps suggested here.
This is normal! The turntable mechanism base, platter & tonearm are engineered to float above the wood platform on isolation mountings to allow you to play music through the built-in speakers without feedback.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a ION product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the experienced ION technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.