Dunk is a compact, waterproof speaker with surprisingly big sound. It streams music from any Bluetooth-enabled device from up to 30 feet away. Its rugged, rubberized design is IPX7 waterproof, so if you accidentally drop it in the stream when you’re hiking, it’s no problem. Dunk is totally waterproof even after it’s been submerged for 30 minutes at a depth of one meter. It has a built-in rechargeable battery for over 10 hours of uninterrupted fun and a built-in microphone so you can answer your calls without reaching for your phone. Small, rugged and waterproof, this is your ultimate outdoor entertainment partner. This article answers your most frequently asked questions about the ION Audio Dunk.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I pair Dunk to my Bluetooth device?
- My Bluetooth device sees Dunk but is unable to connect to it. How do I get my device to re-connect?
- How do I link two Dunks together?
- When two dunks are linked together, will playback be in stereo or will each speaker receive a mono signal?
- How long does the battery last?
- How long does it take to charge the battery?
- Is Dunk waterproof? What is IPX7?
- Does Dunk float?
- How do you switch the language of the built-in voice prompts?
- What's the mount on the bottom of Dunk for?
- Where can I find further support for this and other ION Audio products?
- Turn on your Bluetooth device.
- Power on Dunk and it will automatically go into pairing mode to search for Bluetooth devices.
- Navigate to your Bluetooth device's setup screen, find DUNK and connect.
Note: If your Bluetooth device prompts for a pairing code, enter "000".
Press and release the Play/Pause button to disconnect a paired Bluetooth device. To connect to a different Bluetooth device, repeat step 3.
In your device's Bluetooth settings, select the DUNK and choose "Forget Device". After turning the unit off and on again you should be able to pair your device.
- Power on both Dunks.
Note: In order to use two Dunks together, make sure neither currently has a Bluetooth device already paired to it. You can easily break any Bluetooth connections by pressing and holding Volume - and Volume + on Dunk.
- With no Bluetooth device connected (blue LEDs on both speakers will blink), on one Dunk press and hold Volume – and Volume + until you hear a short 3 tone melody; repeat this for the second Dunk. The melody will indicate the Dunks are searching for each other to link as their blue LEDs begin to blink fast.
- Wait about 10-30 seconds for the Dunks to find each other. Once ‘linked’, one Dunk will say “Paired” (if the voice prompts are enabled).
- When the Dunks are wirelessly linked to play in stereo, on your Bluetooth device turn on Bluetooth, and connect to “DUNK”.
- Once paired, you will hear “Paired” (if the voice prompts are enabled) and audio can now play out of both speakers in stereo.
When two Dunks are linked together, will playback be in stereo or will each speaker receive a mono signal?
When two Dunk speakers are linked together playback will be stereo. The speaker paired with the phone will be designated as the "left" speaker, and the other will be designated as the "right" speaker.
However, with iOS devices, you can achieve dual-mono by sending a mono signal from the paired iOS device:
- Open the iOS Settings.
- Choose General.
- Choose Accessibility.
- Find and turn on Mono Audio.
Dunk's internal battery can last up to 10 hours.
Dunk's battery can be fully charged in about 3 hours.
Dunk is IPX7 waterproof certified. This means that it has been built to withstand being fully emerged in water.
It sure does!
If you'd like Dunk's built-in voice prompts to be in a different language, press Volume - and Volume + to scroll through the different options. You can choose between English, Portuguese, Spanish, French, or none (with tones and beeps as notifications instead).
This is a tripod mount so you can position Dunk on a small tripod or camera stand.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an ION product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the experienced ION technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.