The Aquaboom waterproof Bluetooth speaker streams music wirelessly from any Bluetooth device so if you accidentally knock it into the pool while you’re reaching for your lemonade, it’s no problem! This article walks through a number of frequently asked questions about the ION Audio Aquaboom.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is the Aquaboom really waterproof?
- How do I pair my Bluetooth device to the Aquaboom?
- How far away can my Bluetooth device be from the Aquaboom?
- Can I answer a phone call with the Aquaboom?
- Can I connect my phone directly to the Aquaboom without Bluetooth?
- How do I charge the Aquaboom and how long does it take?
- Where can I get further technical support?
The Aquaboom is iPX7 waterproof certified, meaning that it can be submerged in water. And it will even float!
- Turn on your Bluetooth device.
- Power on the Aquaboom and it will automatically go into pairing mode to search for Bluetooth devices.
- Navigate to your Bluetooth device's setup screen. Find "Aquaboom" and connect.
Note: If your Bluetooth device prompts for a pairing code, enter "0000".
Press and release the Call Receive / Play / Pause button to disconnect a paired Bluetooth device. To connect to another Bluetooth device, repeat step 3 above.
You can be up to 30 feet from the bluetooth device with perfect clarity and signal as long as there are no other obstructions in the way. You may be able to go even farther, depending upon the bluetooth device itself.
Yes! There is a built-in microphone and controls to answer calls so that you can keep your phone nice and dry!
When you have an incoming call, Aquaboom’s speaker will play a ringtone.
- To answer the call, press Aquaboom's Call Receive button. To reject an incoming call, press and hold the Call Receive button.
Note: If you get an incoming call during music playback, the music will pause until you end the call.
- Speak into the microphone and adjust the call volume using the Volume buttons.
- To end the call, press the Call End button.
Yes. There is an additional Aux input for those times that you need to connect directly to the unit.
To charge the Aquaboom, use the included micro-USB cable to connect to your computer USB port or to a USB power adapter connected to a wall outlet. It takes 4 - 8 hours to fully charge the unit.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a ION product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the experienced ION technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.