The Sound Center from ION Audio is the speaker system that gives you the freedom to enjoy your favorite songs wherever you go in your home. Sound Center works with virtually any Bluetooth-equipped audio player, including iPod touch, iPad and iPhone. Simply place an Sound Center speaker in any room in your home and it's ready to receive your music wirelessly.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the process for pairing the Sound Center with my Bluetooth device?
- How far can the Bluetooth connection go?
- The sound is coming out distorted. What is happening and how can I fix it?
- Is the Sound Center wall mountable?
- What is the AUX output used for?
- What is the AUX input used for?
- There is no Mic connection on the Sound Center. Can I connect a mic to the AUX IN port?
- Can the Sound Center charge my iPod/iPhone?
- Can you use both the AUX input and the Bluetooth signal at the same time?
- Technical Support and Warranty Support
To connect to a Bluetooth device:
- Turn on Sound Center.
- Navigate to your Bluetooth device’s setup screen, find “ION Speaker” and connect. The PAIRED LED on Sound Center will illuminate when your Bluetooth device is connected.
- If your Bluetooth device is not able to connect to Sound Center, press the DISCONNECT button on Sound Center to break previous Bluetooth connections and reset the Bluetooth module.
- To connect a new device, press the DISCONNECT button. Repeat Step 2. Note: If you experience trouble connecting or playing music, update your device's OS.
The range of the Bluetooth connection of a Sound Center is up to 100 feet - as long as the transmitting audio source is not moving around, there are no obstructions between the audio source and the Sound Center, and it is not in a pocket or covered in any way. The range can also be affected by the Bluetooth chipset in the audio source as well.
If the sound from your Sound Center is coming out distorted, try lowering the volume control of your sound source - such as your iPod or iPhone. Also, try reducing the overall volume of the Sound Center. If you continue to experience sound issues after following the steps suggested above, you may want to contact ION Support
Yes the Sound Center is wall mountable. We recommend using appropriate mounting items for your wall type.
You can use the AUX output to play your music out of an additional speaker by connecting the stereo RCA output to a second speaker's stereo RCA input. To do this, you will need a standard stereo RCA cable (not included).
You can use the AUX input to connect a CD player, MP3 player, or other audio source. To connect to a portable device with a 1/8" (3.5mm) headphone jack, you will need a standard 1/8"-to-RCA adapter (not included).
A microphone can be connected to the Sound Center through the 1/4" AUX IN port as long as you have the correct connection cable from the mic to the Sound Center. However, this port is a line-level input not specifically intended to be used with a mic, so the level of the mic will most likely be lower than a typical audio source such as an iPod or iPhone.
The Sound Center does not contain an iPod dock or charging station. Most people use the AUX IN port in order to connect their iPod/iPhone and listen to stored music through the Sound Center.
Yes you can! When using both, a bluetooth signal and the AUX input the signals will mix!
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a ION product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the experienced ION technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.