The rugged Water Rocker wireless outdoor speaker won’t let harsh conditions get in the way of your outdoor enjoyment. It boasts a 50-watt dynamic power amplifier and powerful 2-way speaker system that showers everyone in a wave of sound. With Bluetooth® streaming and convenient Easy Pair linking with NFC-enabled devices, you’ll enjoy a continuous flow of your favorite music. This guide answers all of the popular questions about the features and functionality of the ION Water Rocker.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What's included in the box?
- How do I pair the Water Rocker with my Bluetooth device?
- I'm having trouble pairing my Bluetooth audio device (i.e., phone) to the Water Rocker. What should I do?
- How far can the Bluetooth connection go?
- What are the battery specifications?
- How long does it take to charge the battery?
- How long does the battery last?
- Is the Water Rocker waterproof?
- Can the Water Rocker charge my iPod/iPhone?
- Can I connect a device to the USB ports to send audio?
- The sound is coming out distorted. What is happening and how can I fix it?
- I get feedback when I use a microphone. How can I prevent this?
- I am getting poor AM reception. What can I do?
- Further Technical Support
The Water Rocker comes with the Water Rocker speaker, a corded microphone, a 1/8" (3.5mm) stereo Aux cable, a power cable, quickstart guide, and safety and warranty manual.
- Turn on your Bluetooth device that you would like to pair to your Water Rocker.
- Power on the Water Rocker and it will automatically go into pairing mode to search for Bluetooth devices. You will know you're in pairing mode when the Bluetooth icon is off. If you have previously connected to another Bluetooth device, Water Rocker will reconnect.
- Navigate to your Bluetooth device's setup screen, find "Water Rocker" and connect. Note: If your Bluetooth device prompts for a pairing code, enter "0000".
- The Bluetooth icon will be lit solidly when a device is "paired" to Water Rocker. Note: You should consider updating your OS if experiencing trouble with pairing or playing music.
- To disconnect pairing while the Bluetooth icon is lit solid, press and release the Bluetooth button.
- To connect to another Bluetooth device, repeat step 3. Note: Maximum range will be achieved when using devices with Bluetooth 4.0 or higher.
I'm having trouble pairing my Bluetooth audio device (i.e., phone) to the Water Rocker. What should I do?
Most pairing issues can be quickly resolved by following the suggestions in the following guide: Most pairing issues can be quickly resolved by following the suggestions in the following guide:
The range of Bluetooth connection of a Water Rocker is up to 100 feet - as long as the transmitting audio source is not moving around and there are no obstructions between the audio source and the Water Rocker. The transmitting audio device (phone, tablet) should not be emitting a signal from a pocket, or be covered in any way to achieve the best results. The range can also be affected by the Bluetooth chipset audio source as well.
The Water Rocker has a 12 V, 2.8 Ah, SLA battery.
It takes approximately 4 hours to charge the Water Rocker battery from empty to full.
A fully-charged Water Rocker battery will last up to 50 hours at a reasonably loud indoor listening volume level. Battery life may vary based on battery temperature, age and on volume usage.
The Water Rocker is IPX7-certified, and is waterproof up to 1m for up to 30 minutes and can float.
The Water Rocker has a USB power bank that is powerful enough to charge any type of phone, tablet, or portable music player connected to this port via USB.
The USB port on the Water Rocker is for charging devices only and does not transfer audio to or from the speaker.
If the sound from your Water Rocker is coming out distorted, try lowering the volume control of your sound source - such as your iPod or iPhone. Also, try reducing the overall volume of the Water Rocker.
If you continue to experience sound issues after following the suggested steps above, you may want to contract ION Tech Support.
There are a few easy steps you can take that can help reduce the likelihood of feedback. Check out the following article to learn more:
If you have a Bluetooth device connected to the Water Rocker while you are listening to the AM radio, disconnect the Bluetooth device and the AM frequencies will likely clear up.
To continue to adjust AM reception, move the entire Water Rocker. Sometimes, there is a slight operating noise around the 540 kHz AM frequency, but other than that, re-positioning the unit should provide a better AM reception.
Whether you are a customer or dealer; if you already own an ION product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the experienced ION Technical Support Team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: Online Community Support, Phone Support, Email Support.