Utilizing a completely redesigned High-Torque Direct Drive Motor that exactly mirrors the feel of vinyl, the SC3900 brings home that familiar feel but with the choice of CD, USB, Software, or even a networked Media server as your source of tracks. This article walks through how to set up the SC3900 in Virtual DJ 8.
- Updating the SC3900 and Installing the Driver
- Hardware Setup
- Virtual DJ 8 Software Setup
- Further Technical Support
Update Your Firmware
First, make sure that you have the latest firmware installed on your SC3900.
You can obtain the firmware directly from the following link:
Follow the included instructions to complete the firmware update.
For Windows users, it is important that you have the latest driver installed on your computer as well.
You can obtain the ASIO driver directly from the following link:
For Mac users, the SC3900 is class-compliant and will be plug and play once it's connected to your computer. No driver is required.
- Turn on the SC3900
- Press and hold the MEMO/UTIL button
- Using the SEL knob, search and press down when on the PRESET SETTING option
- Using the SEL knob, search and press down when on the MIDI CH option
- Using the SEL knob, search and press down when on option 1
- Return to the Home screen
- Press the MIDI button
- Once in MIDI MODE, using the SEL knob, press down when on the NORMAL option
Now the SC3900 is ready to be used in Virtual DJ 8.
- Open the Virtual DJ 8 program
Note: If you have the License mapper or the infinity license, it is important to login using your credentials.
- Once logged in, a pop-up screen will show up and will ask if you want to use the sound card of the SC3900. If so, select Use Soundcard, and then OK.
- Once completed, you all ready to use the software with your DN-SC3900
Note: If you are experiencing some latency with the platter, please spin the platter backward a few times and then forward to calibrate the program with the controller.
And that's it!
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a Denon DJ product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Denon DJ technical support team is available to help! Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support