The Alesis DM10 Studio Mesh Kit is a six-piece electronic drum set with our exclusive Alesis dual-zone mesh drum heads (patent pending) that deliver an unprecedented degree of realistic drum “feel” and personal expression for modern electronic drummers. This article walks through a number of frequently asked questions about the Alesis DM10 Studio Mesh kit.
These ultra-quiet mesh drum heads come closer to duplicating the feel of an acoustic drum head and their natural rebound better than any previous Alesis electronic drum kit. The Alesis mesh drum heads have a precise adjustment knob so drummers can adjust the heads to provide the exact response that best suits their playing style.
Frequently Asked Questions
- I purchased the original DM10 Studio Kit. Can I replace my RealHead pads with the new Alesis mesh heads?
- Can other Alesis drum kits like the DM7XKit use Mesh pads?
- Are you able to adjust the sensitivity of the mesh head's piezo trigger?
- Why does the sensitivity knob only slightly affect the response when I turn it?
- Why are my DM10 Pads canceling each other out or double triggering?
- Is there a recommended kick pedal or beater for use with this kit?
- Can I reset the module to its factory default settings? How?
- Where can I get further technical support?
I purchased the original DM10 Studio Kit. Can I replace my RealHead pads with the Alesis mesh heads?
The new Alesis mesh heads are not for sale separately at this time. These new mesh heads are included as a part of a complete kit, and currently not for sale on their own. If you need warranty service with the mesh heads from your kit, please contact our parts department.
Currently, the DM10 module is the only Alesis module that officially supports the new Alesis mesh drum heads. The new Alesis mesh drum heads may be able to be used with other Alesis and third party drum modules; however these other drum modules will likely require manual configuration of trigger settings.
The new Alesis mesh drum heads includes an added physical knob to adjust the sensitivity of the piezo pickups inside of the head. The knob adjust how much the DM10 module will respond to the inner vs. outer pickups inside of the head.
Additionally, there are many other settings in the module which can further help you cater your heads to match your playing style. Check out this great guide that brings you through setting up your sensitivity settings properly, as well as many other features. - Is there a recommended kick pedal or beater for use with this kit?
Depending on the current velocity curve setting for your trigger on the DM10 module, the sensitivity adjustment knob will affect the head differently. If it seems like the sensitivity adjustment knob is not affecting the mesh head, try setting the velocity curve for the mesh pad to a different setting, such as Linear in the DM10 module.
Do this by pressing the EXT TRIG button, and then press the F3 button. Press NOTE CHASE on the DM10 module, and then strike the trigger you would like to edit. Use the up and down arrows to select the velocity curve parameter and turn the wheel to select Linear.
It is possible your Crosstalk setting is too high, and the DM10 module is mistaking intentional hits as crosstalk. The DM10 module has many advanced settings that allow you to dial in your drum kit to cater to your own personal playing style. Check out this great guide that brings you through setting up your crosstalk settings properly, as well as many other features: Alesis DM10 - Setup Guide
We recommend using a kick beater made of a hard material such as plastic, wood or metal when using a mesh kick pad.
Felt beaters can be popular with electronic drum kits with rubber pads, but they should be avoided for use with mesh drum heads. The added friction from the felt can quickly wear down and puncture a hole in the mesh.
Yes, below are the steps for the available reset procedures:
- To fully restore the module to its original factory settings, power on the DM10 module while holding down the EXIT and STORE buttons.
- To reset only the kits, sequences, or trigger settings to their factory defaults:
- Press UTILITY to enter the main Utility Menu.
- Press SYS (F4) to access the Accompaniment settings.
- Press INIT (F2) to access the reinitialization page.
- Use CURSOR UP / DOWN to move through the following menu items:
All Kits: All of the module's Kits and their settings will return to their factory defaults.
All Sequences: All of the module's Sequences and their settings will return to their factory defaults.
All Trigger Settings: All of the module's trigger settings will return to their factory defaults.
- Highlight the option you would like the reset, and then press EXEC (F4).
- A window will appear asking you to confirm your choice. To confirm and reinitialize the selected settings, press YES (F1). To cancel, press CANCEL (F2 or F3).
- Press UTILITY to enter the main Utility Menu.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a Alesis product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Alesis technical support team is available to help!
Each product has a dedicated support page on the website where you can find manuals, specifications, software updates, drivers and troubleshooting guides: www.alesis.com
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.