The all-in-one TransActive Wireless is a complete, active PA system designed for on-the-go use. Pull up the telescoping handle, tilt the amp onto the recessed wheels, and take your TransActive Wireless with you wherever you go. This article walks through a number of frequently asked questions about the Alesis TransActive Wireless.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I pair the TransActive Wireless with my Bluetooth device?
- Can I connect a device to the USB ports to send audio?
- My Bluetooth device sees the TransActive Wireless but is unable to connect to it. How do I get my device to re-connect?
- I get feedback when I use a microphone. How can I prevent this?
- How do I maintain a good Bluetooth connection between my device and the TransActive Wireless?
- What are the battery specifications?
- Where can I get further technical support for this and other Alesis products?
- Turn on your Bluetooth device.
- Power on TransActive Wireless and it will automatically go into pairing mode to search for Bluetooth devices.
You will know you are in pairing mode when the LED is blank.
- If your Bluetooth device is not able to pair to TransActive Wireless, press the disconnect button on TransActive
Wireless to break previous Bluetooth connections and reset the Bluetooth module.
- Navigate to your Bluetooth device’s setup screen, find “Alesis TransAct” and connect.
Note: If your Bluetooth device prompts for a pairing code, enter ‘0000’.
- TransActive Wireless LED will light up solid when it is 'paired'.
Note: Users should consider updating their OS if experiencing trouble with pairing or playing music.
Note: Maximum range will be achieved when using devices with Bluetooth 4.0
The USB port on the TransActive Wireless is for charging devices only and does not transfer audio to or from the speaker.
My Bluetooth device sees the TransActive Wireless but is unable to connect to it. How do I get my device to re-connect?
In your device's Bluetooth settings, select the Alesis TransAct option and choose "Forget Device". On the front of the TransActive Wireless Bluetooth, press the Disconnect button. After turning the unit off and on again you should be able to pair your device.
There are a few easy steps you can take that can help reduce the likelihood of feedback. Check out the following article to learn more:
A strong Bluetooth connection between your device and the TransActive Wireless required for optimal sound quality, but there are many things that can degrade that connection. If you experience any audio dropouts or interference, you should take note of anything around you that might be causing it. The article linked below lists some common reasons for experiencing Bluetooth interference.
The TransActive Wireless has a 12VDC 5AH, lead-acid battery. Is a Built-in rechargeable battery delivers up to 50 hours of cordless sound.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a Alesis product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the experienced Alesis technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.