The Alesis TransActive 400 is a powerful amplifier solution for the modern electronic drummer. This high-quality wedge amplifier was designed specifically for performing, rehearsing, and recording with electronic drum kits. With premium audio components, the TransActive 400 provides plenty of power to keep up with any band. This article walks through a number of frequently asked questions about the Alesis TransActive 400.
- What type of input and output connections does the TransActive 400 have?
- Are there any EQ settings available with the TransActive 400?
- Can I link more than one TransActive 400 together?
- Can the TransActive 400 be used in a live setting?
- What kind of audio sources can be connected to the TransActive 400?
- "I am not getting sound. Why not?"
- What type of power supply does the TransActive 400 use?
- What is the weight and dimensions of the TransActive 400?
- What is the peak and continuous wattage for the TransActive 400?
- Is the TransActive bi-amped?
- What is the size of the low frequency transducer?
- What is the size of the high frequency compression driver?
- Further Product Support
The TransActive 400 has an input and output panel on the back of the unit with the following connections:
- (1) Pair of stereo 1/4" inputs (LEFT and RIGHT)
- (1) Pair of stereo RCA inputs
- (1) Pair of stereo 1/4" outputs - to connect to any PA or recording gear
- (1) Stereo 1/4" headphone output for private playing and rehearsing
- (1) Stereo link for connecting two units together
Yes! The TransActive 400 has a 3-band on-board graphic equalizer allowing the adjustment of the BASS, MID, and TREBLE.
Yes! You can link two TransActive 400 via the stereo link output on the back panel for a big, stereo sound that’ll shake the stage during live performances.
To use the link output you must use a TRS cable. There is a link output switch that dictates which signal is sent to the secondary speaker. If the first speaker's switch is set to Left then the secondary speaker would receive the right output signal and would need to be set to Right. If the first speaker's switch is set to Right then the secondary speaker would receive the left output signal and would need to be set to Left. If the switch is set to Off, the Link Output will be disabled.
Yes! The Transactive’s true bi-amped design and 400 Watts of peak power ensure that your electronic drum kit sounds clear, loud, and punchy. The angled front panel is ideal for seated playing and provides excellent sound projection. With TransActive 400, you'll be ready for your next gig–no matter where it takes you. It comes built with a protective metal grill, robust wooden exterior, and rubber feet for powerful drum sound in a durable design. If more sound and a stereo signal is needed, using the link output will allow you to add a second TransActive 400 to your live performance for a big stereo sound!
The TransActive 400 can be used with any line in device using the RCA input. This includes mobile devices, tablets, and other mp3 players.
It is important to be aware that the headphone jack that automatically mutes the main outputs. Ensure you do not have headphones connected if you are not getting audio from the Main Outputs. If you are using the link output remember to make sure you are using a TRS cable. If you do not use a TRS cable you will not get any audio output from the link output. Also make sure that the Link Output switch is set to either the left or right setting.
The TransActive 400 uses a standard IEC cable.
The TransActive 400 weighs about 38 lbs and the dimensions are 19.9" x 16.6" x 19.9" (H x W x D).
The peak wattage is 400 watts while the continuous wattage for the TransActive 400 is 200 watts.
Yes! the TransActive 400 has a true bi-amped design with dedicated power to the high and low drivers.
The TransActive 400 contains a 12" low-frequency transducer.
The TransActive 400 contains a 1" high-frequency compression driver.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a Numark product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Numark technical support team is available to help!
Each product has a dedicated support page on the website where you can find manuals, specifications, software updates, drivers and troubleshooting guides: www.alesis.com
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.