The Akai Professional Max Series are portable keyboard controller with MPC production controls. Syncing with Pro Tools allows hardware transport control, fader control, and slaving of the Arpeggiator and Note Repeat functions. This guide walks through setting up the MAX25 and MAX49 to take full advantage of this Pro Tools integration.
- Setting Up Transport And Fader Control With HUI
- Syncing The Arpeggiator And Note Repeat With Your Pro Tools Tempo
- Warranty And Technical Support Information
- On The MAX25, navigate to Program 11 "Pro Tools". Push the ENTER button. On the MAX49, use Program 32 "HUI".
- In Pro Tools choose Setup > Peripherals.
- Click the MIDI Controllers tab.
- Under Type, choose HUI.
- Under Receive From and Send To, choose the following:
MIDIIN4 (AkaiMAX25) [Emulated]
MIDIOUT4 (AkaiMAX25) [Emulated]
- Click OK.
The transport controls and faders of your Akai MAX keyboard should now control yourtransport and faders in your Pro Tools session.
- On The MAX25/MAX49 press the GLOBAL button.
- Use the arrow keys to navigate to Clock Source. Select External.
- Use the arrow keys to navigate to Save Globals. Push ENTER to store your settings.
- In Pro Tools choose Setup > MIDI > MIDI Beat Clock
- Check the box next to "Enable MIDI Beat CLock for..."
- Check the box next your device (either Akai MAX25 Port A or AKAI MAX49 Port A).
- Click OK.
Now, whenever Pro Tools is playing or recording, the MAX25/MAX49's Arpeggiator and Note Repeat will slave to the tempo of your session. Note that you will get no function if the ARP/Note Repeat are engaged and Pro Tools is not playing or recording because there is no tempo data being sent to the controller.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an Akai Pro product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Akai Pro technical support team is available to help!