Tripping over your wires? The Akai Pro LPD8 Wireless connects wirelessly to your device running both MacOS and iOS! The LPD8 Wireless is ideal for musicians that want to take their projects with them on the go or just want to rid themselves of the restrictions of a wired connection. Utilizing a Bluetooth LE connection, the LPD8 Wireless bridges the gap between you and the music - no strings attached.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is included with this product?
- What is Bluetooth Low Energy?
- Why can't I connect my Windows computer to this device?
- Is a driver required to connect this device to my computer?
- How can I tell if my computer running MacOS has Bluetooth LE?
- Can I use this with an iOS device?
- Does this product only support wireless connection?
- How is this product powered?
- What if my iOS app does not support Bluetooth MIDI?
- Can I use the LPK25 Wireless and LPD8 Wireless together?
- Further Technical Support
- USB A to B Cable
- User Guide
- Safety and Warranty Manual
Bluetooth Low Energy, also known as Bluetooth LE or Bluetooth Smart, is a means to wirelessly link electronic devices. Bluetooth LE consumes a lesser amount of power than older iterations of Bluetooth.
Transferring MIDI via Bluetooth LE is not officially supported. Although workarounds do exist, latency is typically a factor that adversely affects workflow. However, you can still certainly use this controller via wired USB connection with a PC running Windows OS.
No! This device is class compliant with both MacOS and iOS devices.
- Click the Apple symbol in your taskbar.
- Select About This Mac.
- Click on the More Info... button.
- Click on the System Report... button.
- Select Bluetooth from the sidebar on the left, underneath "Hardware."
- Scan down the list of information until you find LMP Version.
If your Mac is equipped with Bluetooth 4.0, LMP Version will say 0x6. Anything lower than that is an older version of Bluetooth.
Absolutely! Enjoy the freedom of wireless grooving with your devices running. Most current versions of iOS support Bluetooth LE but if you are unsure if your device is supported you can check here.
In addition to Bluetooth LE, the LPD8 also connects to your device with a standard USB cable.
This product is powered via both USB connection or three (3) AA batteries when using wireless Bluetooth connection. You can use the switch on the side of the LPD8 Wireless to alternate between USB and battery power.
Many of the iOS synth and audio apps that you love may not yet support Bluetooth MIDI and may not offer any options to select input from your LPD8 Wireless. No problem! There are a few MIDI utility apps, such as midimittr that will accept the connection and route it to your favorite apps. Check it out and download midimittr for free here.
Yes, the two devices can be connected and used together with the same device. Use the provided editor software (available on the product page) to dive even further and separate them by MIDI channel:
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an Akai Professional product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Akai Professional technical support team is available to help! Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: phone support, email support.