The APC40 mkII incorporates five years of user feedback into its design. Almost every aspect of the original APC40 has been deliberated, reworked, and improved to provide extended controller functionality, countless musical capabilities, and a smarter workflow. In addition to its sleek look, veteran APC40 users will immediately notice the enhancements that include an RGB clip-launching grid, reinforced fader design, revised knob lay out, and much more. In this article we walk through the initial setup in Ableton Live 9.
Note: Ableton Live 9.1.3 or later is required for use with APC40 MKII. If you have an earlier version Ableton the instructions in this guide will not work.
- First connect the APC 40 MKII to your computer into an open USB port. The APC is a Class Compliant Plug-and-Play device and will not require additional driver installation.
- Once the APC is connected to your computer, powered on, and ready to use, open up Ableton Live.
- Go to Options > Preferences. On a Macintosh computer you would select Live > Preferences.
- In the window that opens select the MIDI Sync tab on the left hand side.
- Next select the APC40 MkII for Control Surface, Input, and Output.
- In the same window, under MIDI Ports turn on Track, Sync, and Remote for the Input.
- You can then close the Preferences window as you are now ready to go!
Further Product Support
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an Akai Pro product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Akai Pro technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.