Before getting started with your new MixMeister Express, Studio, or Fusion software they'll first need to be authorized. While there are several ways that you can do this, the most efficient method is entering the license directly into the iLok License Manager. This article walks through the easiest way to create an account and authorize your new software, as well as tips on deactivating and moving licenses for use on other computers.
- Things To Keep in Mind
- Activating License with iLok License Manager
- Deactivating the Licenses on your Computer
- Learn More about iLok License Manager
- Further Technical Support
Please keep the following in mind when it comes to managing your authorization keys:
- One activation code authorizes up to two computers at one time.
- A license can be deactivated, allowing you to authorize the software on a different computer if you need to.
- If the license is placed on a computer and that computer fails, or the operating system is re-installed without deactivating the license, that license is permanently lost.
- To avoid permanently losing any licenses, you can choose to save the license to an iLok key (sold separately).
While all of our plugins can be activated through their designated authorizer applications, in some cases it's more efficient to just enter your authorization code directly into the iLok License Manager.
- Find and open the iLok License Manager from your Programs or Applications folder. The license manager is installed with the plugin so there is no need to run any additional installations.
- Click on Sign-In in the top left corner. If you have used iLok before with other products and have an account, sign-in to your account. If you have never seen or used iLok before, click on Create New Account in the Sign In window and follow the prompts to create an account.
Please note: We recommend using an iLok account. Signing in is not always necessary to utilize an iLok license, but having and using an account to keep track of your licenses is free and provides additional features and options for managing and moving your licenses when necessary.
- Once you are logged in, click on Licenses at the top of the window and choose Redeem Activation Code.
- A window will appear with space for you to enter an authorization code.
- Find the Authorization Code for your plugin. If purchased alone through an online retailer, you will have received an email with your authorization code.
- Copy and paste this code into the first box on the left and the code will fill out the remaining fields. When you're ready, click Next.
- You will be prompted to choose a location for your license. You are free to choose an iLok dongle if you have one, but for most users, just choose your computer (this will be the option with the computer icon on the left) and click Activate.
- You will be asked to confirm this one more time. Click OK.
- Finally, iLok will notify you when the activation is complete!
Repeat steps 3 - 8 to authorize any additional plugins.
Deactivating a license can come in handy if you need to authorize the plugin on a new computer and need to free up an authorization. The license can then be transferred to your iLok account and moved onto the new computer or iLok by logging into the iLok License Manager on the new computer.
- Open the iLok License Manager.
- Log into your iLok account. If you did not create an account when first installing/authorizing the software, you will need to Create a Free Account now.
- In the left column, select the hard drive or iLok on which the software license exists.
- Right-click on the associated license and choose Deactivate.
Note: If the license was initially activated without creating an iLok account, after creating an iLok account you will need to first right click and select Take Ownership to add the license to your account. You can then Deactivate as noted above.
- Click OK to Confirm Deactivation.
- The Deactivation will take a few seconds to complete, showing a progress bar at the top left corner.
- After this is complete, the same activation code can be entered again when installing on another computer.
- Congratulations! Now you can install and authorize the program to a new computer or iLok!
Want to learn more about how the iLok License Manager works? Simply follow this link to find out!
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a MixMeister product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the MixMeister technical support team is available to help!