Mixcraft 6 is a powerful music production and multi-track recording workstation that comes packed with thousands of music loops and dozens of audio effects and virtual instruments. In this guide we cover the simple steps required to setup your MIDI keyboard and begin recording. We are using an M-Audio Keystation Mini 32, but these steps can be used with any MIDI device.
- Open your Mixcraft 6 Software.
- From the New Project window select Build Virtual Instrument Tracks.
- Click the down arrow on the Instrument Track panel.
- Find your MIDI device in the list and choose Receive MIDI from All Channels.
- Press any key on your MIDI keyboard, you should now hear the default piano instrument.
- To change instrument, or load a plugin click the piano icon, and choose the desired instrument or plugin.
- Once you have chosen your sound close this window.
- To make timing and tempo adjustments, double click the Time/BPM Panel from the bottom of the project window.
- Turn on the Metronome for recording, and enable the count-in to ensure you stay on beat with your recording.
- Once you are ready to record click the record button from the bottom, and play your MIDI keyboard.
- To add additional Instrument Tracks Click the +Track button above the first Instrument Track, or right click on a track and choose Insert
- That's it! Record your ideas and repeat the steps outlined above to add additional sounds, and tracks to your mix!
For additional assistance with Mixcraft see the tutorial videos below.