When a DJ is on the go and needs to easily have their Serato music library on hand, using a USB Drive is the way to go. With a USB Drive, a DJ can show up to a bar, club or party and immediately plug into an existing Serato setup on any computer.
- Importing The DJ's Library & Music Files
- Using a USB Drive with Serato
- Copying Crates to a USB Drive
- Numark Technical Support & Warranty Service
All of the DJ's playlists in Serato DJ Intro, Serato iTCH, Serato DJ and Scratch Live will use the same library. Serato uses a Crates feature to help the DJ keep music files organized. Crates are virtual playlists or a collection of specific music that contain the DJ’s music. Add music to a Crate by simply dragging music files or a folder from your hard drive directly into the library area of a selected Crate, or even onto the Crate name.
After importing the DJ’s music, the DJ should click the Analyze Files button. DJ's should simply drag their music files onto or over the Analyze Files button to analyze their music. Make sure the Set Auto BPM and Set Beat Grid options are checked. This will analyze the BPM's of a song, length, key, and more.
NOTE: The larger the file, the longer it will take to analyze that file.
DJ’s can make their library portable by using a USB drive. This allow the DJ to copy existing Serato DJ music and Crates to the USB Drive.
After copying music to a USB drive, DJ’s can plug the USB Drive into someone else's laptop, and the Crates and music will show up. When the DJ ejects their USB Drive, all of their files from the DJ’s USB Drive will be erased from the DJ’s computer.
The tutorial below will show a DJ the proper steps on copying Serato Crates to a USB Drive.
- Click on th Files button in your Serato software.
- Select the Crate you wish to copy to your USB Drive.
- Simply drag the Crate onto your USB flash drive in the files panel. After dragging your Crate onto your Files panel, you will be prompted to either Copy or Move your Crate - make sure you select Copy.
- After selecting Copy, a progress bar appear below the files panel. After this is completed you can remove the USB Drive (eject as normal).
- You now have a copy your Crate on your USB drive (as well as the audio files).
Now, you can simply plug your USB drive into another DJ's computer running Serato and your Crates will appear, ready for you to use at anytime!
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an Numark product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Numark technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.