NDX500 is a USB/CD media player and software controller that lets you DJ with your entire media library—anywhere. Combining comprehensive standalone functionality with deep hardware and software integration, NDX500 is capable of playing and mixing music from virtually any digital audio source. DJ with USB flash drives, CDs, and MP3 CDs without turning on your computer, or use NDX500’s built-in audio interface and USB-MIDI Mode to DJ with software. This article answers some frequently asked questions about the Numark NDX500.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the main differences between the NDX400 and the NDX500?
- Do I need to install any drivers for the NDX500 to work on my computer?
- What is the maximum capacity USB drive compatible with the NDX500?
- Does the NDX500 unlock the full version of Serato DJ?
- How many decks can I control with the NDX500 in Serato DJ?
- When I'm using the NDX500 as a MIDI controller, how do I choose what deck I'm controlling?
- I'm having trouble using the NDX500 as a MIDI controller. Could my controller be defective?
- Where can I find further support for this and other Numark products?
The NDX500 has a similar design to the NDX400 but adds a USB audio interface and USB MIDI control for popular DJ software. The NDX500 is also an official Serato DJ accessory and offers deep integration with your Serato DJ software.
Not at all! The NDX500 is a class compliant audio device. That means it does not require any drivers and should be compatible with current and future versions of Windows and Mac OSX.
We recommend using any cards up to 32GB.
You can control up to 4 decks with the NDX500.
In order to connect the NDX500 to Serato DJ, you will need a Serato DJ "Enabled" or "Upgrade Ready" piece of hardware connected to your computer. The NDX500 is an Official Serato DJ Accessory and will not unlock the software by itself. For a list of hardware that is compatible with Serato DJ please visit the Serato website.
Pressing the EJECT button on the NDX500 will change your "focus" deck.
Don't worry! Your controller is probably fine. The NDX500 will require a firmware update in order to enable MIDI controller functionality. This will be available shortly after the product's release.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a Numark product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Numark technical support team is available to help! Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.