The original NS6 was conceived and built at a time when the 4-channel standalone DJ controller did not yet exist. We knew you wanted it, and Numark was the first to bring it to you. Now, our new NS6II builds on the NS6’s amazing legacy of innovation and performance and delivers to you a truly iconic 4-channel DJ controller, now with two USB outs and built-in hi res screens!! This guide walks through a number of frequently asked questions about the Numark NS6II.
- What are some new features on the NS6II?
- Does the NS6II require drivers?
- Does my bundled Serato DJ software only work with the NS6II or can I use it with any other Numark controllers?
- What DJ software is included with the NS6II?
- How many effects are included with the Serato version shipping with the NS6II?
- Is this the same display as the Mixtrack Platinum?
- If I have two computers connected, how do I switch deck control?
- Is the crossfader user-replaceable?
- Are the drum pads velocity sensitive?
- Why are there bars on the front of the NS6II?
- Does the NS6II interface with an iPad or iPhone?
- What flight/travel case can I use to transport my NS6II?
- Is DVS supported with the NS6II?
- Can I use the NS6II with Virtual DJ?
- When DJing with Serato DJ I can hear clicks and pops in my music. What can I do to fix this?
- After loading a song on my deck, the start time of the song plays back slowly as if it's set at maximum value. What can I do to fix this?
- Why is my song during playback skipping or jumping ahead of time from where it's positioned?
- Further Technical Support
Each NS6II platter features a two-inch display to show a variety of information including platter position, time elapsed/remaining, BPM and more. It also features two USB ports for dual-DJ performance.
The NS6II is class-compliant on the Mac platform but will require a driver for Windows. The latest Windows driver can be downloaded from the NS6II product page.
Does my bundled Serato DJ software only work with the NS6II or can I use it with any other Numark controllers?
The NS6II is Serato DJ enabled, meaning that Serato will unlock as long as the NS6II is connected to the computer and the necessary drivers are installed. To use Serato DJ with a different controller, you will need a full Serato DJ license, or the controller will need to be Serato DJ enabled.
The Serato DJ software is included for free with your NS6II purchase and will unlock as long as the NS6II is connected to the computer and the necessary drivers have been installed. To download Serato DJ, please visit http://serato.com/dj/downloads.
The version of Serato DJ that ships with the NS6II includes 12 iZotope effects. Two banks per channel, 3 effects per bank, 6 effects simultaneously on any channel. You can also purchase additional effect packs within the software. For more info, and full features of Serato DJ please visit: http://serato.com/dj/features
No, the NS6II platter displays are bigger so they can display more information than the Mixtrack Platinum.
To switch deck control between the USB ports, hold SHIFT and press the USB button on the chosen deck.
Yes, the crossfader is user-replaceable.
Yes, the 16 MPC pads are velocity sensitive.
The roll bars protect from any damage to the front knobs when the NS6II is tipped on its side. This makes it easy to tip the NS6II forward in order to make your input and output connections on the back.
Yes, the NS6II has external inputs on the rear that will allow you to connect any audio device, such as a phone, tablet, drum machine, etc.
The NS6II can use any case that fits the original NS6, as well as new cases built specifically for the NS6II. There are many vendors that offer flight cases.
Yes, NS6II has an option to upgrade in Serato DJ for the DVS expansion. The DVS expansion allows you to connect external turntables for time-coded vinyl control.
Yes, the NS6II is mapped and supported for use with Virtual DJ, including the platter displays.
Some Serato DJ users on both Mac and Windows computers have experienced clicks and pops during audio playback. We have found that removing the device from MIDI Studio Window (Mac), and lowering the Maximum Screen Updates Per Second (Windows & Mac) in Serato DJ improves this, and in some cases completely resolves the issue. See the steps below.
Removing a Device from MIDI Studio (Mac Only)
- Open a new finder window and navigate to Applications > Utilities.
- Double click Audio MIDI Setup.
- Select Window from the top menu and ensure that MIDI Studio is checked.
- With the Numark controller disconnected click the Numark USB Audio Device.
- Click Remove Device from the top of the MIDI Studio window.
- Reconnect you Numark Controller.
Lowering the Maximum Screen Updates Per Second (Both Windows & Mac)
- Open Serato DJ.
- Click Setup from the top menu.
- Click Library + Display.
- Adjust the Display slider to 20 or 30. If you still experience clicks and pops after setting to 20 UPS try lowering the slider.
- Close the Setup.
After loading a song on my deck, the start time of the song plays back slowly as if it's set at maximum value. What can I do to fix this?
When starting Serato DJ, give the Start and Stop Time knobs a full twist both clockwise and counter clockwise, and then set to the desired position. Because these are MIDI controllers, this will guarantee that the physical knob and the start/stop time software settings are in sync. This is also good practice for any other sliders or knobs on the NS6Ii to ensure that everything is in the right place before starting your performance.
It's important that prior to DJing with your newly added songs, you fully analyze the song in Serato DJ to ensure smooth and functional playback. If you have a corrupt file in your Serato DJ database, this could cause these symptoms. I recommend deleting any file with a lightning bolt next to it from your Serato database. This means deleting not only from your crate but from your ALL location in Serato DJ. For more information on corrupt files in Serato DJ, click here.
Also, check the option to Disable Needle Search During Playback. We recommend having this option checked to prevent your symptoms. If you're going to use Serato DJ's SYNC feature, select Simple Sync or keep it off when using motorized platters.
Lastly, keep in mind that if you're holding the SHIFT button on the NS6II and you move the platter forward, you can replicate this too. Ensure that you're properly utilizing this feature correctly in Serato DJ. For more information on this feature, review your NS6II User Guide.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a Numark product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Numark technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.