We've put together answers to some of the most common questions about the Numark iDJ Pro controller. With the tips in this FAQ under your belt, you'll have even better control over your new hardware and software.
- I have a Lightning connection on my iOS device. Will it work with the iDJ Pro?
- When I launch Algoriddim djay, a popup indicates that an iDJ Pro Firmware update is available. I press 'Update', but the message reappears the next time I launch the app. What should I do?
- Is the iPhone 4/4S compatible with the iDJ Pro?
- I can only hear one deck, or my sound is in mono. How come?
- When I move the crossfader to the left or right, the PFL light comes on, and the audio swaps decks. What is causing this?
- Technical Support & Warranty Service
Since apple switched their iOS devices over from the 30-pin connector to the new lightning connecter, the following adapter (sold separately from Apple) has been popular with iDJ Pro users:
This adapter has made it easy for customers to use the newest lightning-equipped iPads with the 30-pin iDJ Pro. However the iDJ Pro’s rear access door must be left open to accommodate the additional bulk of the adapter.
Future shipments of the iDJ Pro, labeled as ‘Lightning Ready’, will incorporate a hole integrated into the rear access door to allow the door to be closed when using the apple adapter.
Customers with Lightning equipped iPads will still need the Apple Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (sold separately), but because of the newly designed rear access door, will not have to leave it in the open position.
When I launch Algoriddim djay, a popup indicates that an iDJ Pro Firmware update is available. I press 'Update', but the message reappears the next time I launch the app. What should I do?
If you are having difficulty updating with the latest app and firmware for your iDJ Pro, please perform the following:
- Make sure you have an active internet connection for your iPad.
- Using the App Store app, ensure that you have the latest version of the Algoriddim djay app installed on your iPad.
- Reconnect your iPad to the iDJ Pro, and try running the app again:
- Remove the iPad from your iDJ Pro.
- Quit all apps on your iPad. To view a video walkthrough on how to quit apps, click here.
- Power-down your iDJ Pro.
- Then dock your iPad, and connect it to the iDJ Pro.
- Power on the iDJ Pro.
- Launch the Algoriddim app.
- When the iDJ Pro Firmware Update Available message appears, press Update.
Yes. The iPhone 4/4S will work withe the iDJ Pro using Algoriddim's djay app. The iDJ Pro was not built for a iPhone so the phone will not seat in the mixer as snug as the iPad.
To make sure the iPad's audio settings are configured for stereo perform the following:
On the iPad go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Hearing. Turn the Mono Audio setting OFF. Set the L and R setting to the center.
When I move the crossfader to the left or right, the PFL light comes on, and the audio swaps decks. What is causing this?
By default Auto Select for Pre-Cueing is enabled. This feature automatically cues the deck that is currently not playing live. If the crossfader is cut hard to the right or towards Deck B, then Deck A will automatically start playing in your headphones.
To disable Auto Select for Pre-Cueing follow these simple steps.
- Connect your iDJ Pro to the iPad, and open djay 2.
- Tap the Gear icon in the center to open the Settings page.
- Tap Advanced.
- Under Pre-Cueing, turn Auto Select OFF.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an Numark product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Numark technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.