The iDJ Live II harnesses the processing power of your iOS device, Mac, or PC, enabling the ability to easily begin to DJ from nearly any location. This article answers some Frequently Asked Questions about the iDJ Live II.
Frequently Asked Questions
- My iDJ Live II isn't connecting to my iOS device. What do I need to do?
- What operating systems and iOS devices does the iDJ Live II work with?
- How do I Cue in the headphones using the included Algoriddim DJAY for Mac app?
- How does the Scratch function work?
- The Scratch function is not working. What can I do?
- What is new in the iDJ Live II?
- How can I get further technical support or warranty service?
For further information on the iDJ Live II, visit the Numark iDJ Live II product page.
If your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch does not recognize that the iDJ Live II is connected and you you are running a compatible iOS operating system, then disconnect the 30-pin or Lightning cable from your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch (not from the iDJ Live II) and reconnect it.
- The USB cable must be connected to the iDJ Live II first.
- Then connect the iOS device.
The iDJ Live II is supported on the following devices and operating systems:
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Mac OS X 10.6 - 10.8
- iOS 6
- iPad 2
- iPad (3rd generation)
- iPad (4th generation)
- iPad mini
- iPhone 5
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 3GS
- iPod touch (3rd generation)
- iPod touch (4th generation)
- iPod touch (5th generation)
It is very easy to cue with the iDJ Live II and the included Algoriddim djay for Mac app. To do so,
- First, connect the included splitter cable to your main output.
- Next, connect your speakers to the black end of the splitter cable and connect your headphones to the red end of the splitter cable.
- Now, in the Algoriddim djay app, choose djay > Preferences... to open the Preferences window.
Also see: Numark iDJ Live II - Setting Up Your Headphone Cue
- In the Preferences window, click on the Devices tab and then set the Pre-Cueing drop-down menu to Split Output. Press Apply and close the Preferences window. This will split the stereo channel into 2 separate channels: one for the master output, the other for headphone pre-cueing. The left (black) channel is the master output, and the right (red) channel is the headphone output.
Now you are able to cue a song in your headphones without having the signal sent out to your speakers!
When the Scratch button is illuminated, you can scratch songs playing on either deck by touching the top surface of either jog wheel.
To engage the Scratch feature, press the Scratch button in the center of the iDJ Live II to illuminate it.
Only the top surface of the jog wheel can be used to scratch. The outer edge of the jog wheels provides a Search function instead. When the Scratch feature is turned OFF, the entire jog wheel Searches.
The Scratch function is supported in applications listed below.
- Virtual DJ LE Lite - for Windows and Mac. Included with your purhase, downloadable upon product registration.
- algoriddim djay LE - a free app for Mac.
- algoriddim djay 2 - a full version app for Mac, iOS, and Android (sold separately).
- Traktor Pro 2 - a full version app for Windows and Mac (sold separately). Requires a mapping file to work with iDJ Live II. Download the mapping file here.
- Virtual DJ Pro - a full version app for Windows and Mac (sold separately). Requires a mapping file to work with iDJ Live II. Download the mapping file here.
To ensure compatibility:
- Make sure you running the latest update of a supported application.
- If your supported application requires a mapping file (see above), make sure it is installed, and that the application has been configured to use the installed mapping file.
- For further iDJ Live II product support, contact us!
There are a number of new features included with the iDJ Live II. Here are a few of them:
- Device and Operating System Support - The iDJ Live II can be used with a ton of iOS devices like the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, as well as a standard Mac and Windows PC! It comes with all of the included cables necessary to connect to any of these devices, and also comes with the Algoriddim djay for Mac software so you can get started immediately!
- Platters (physical) - The platters have a completely new design for better touch-sensitivity and less slipping.
- Platters (other features) - The iDJ Live II platters now have the ability to Pitch Bend as well as Scratch and Search through songs. This is a new feature of the iDJ Live II.
- Crossfader, buttons, knobs - These are all redesigned for increased control and improved look and feel.
- Overall presentation - New sleeker, more professional look and feel. It now contains the Numark logo on both platters, the shape of the iDJ Live II is sleeker, and the overall presentation of this product has a much more professional appeal for those beginners who are learning how to DJ.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an Numark product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Numark technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.