The Marantz Professional Voice Rover is a compact, easily-transportable AC/battery-powered PA system that solves—for the first time—your dilemma of how to deliver true professional-grade sound reinforcement to an outdoor event or large interior space when there is no access to AC power.
- What are some of the main features of the Voice Rover?
- What's included in the box?
- How much power does the Voice Rover have? How loud can it get?
- What are the dimensions and weight?
- How do I pair the Voice Rover to my Bluetooth device?
- What is the range of the Bluetooth connection?
- The sound is coming out distorted. What should I do?
- What kind of battery does the Voice Rover use?
- How long does the battery last?
- How long does it take to charge the battery?
- What is the SPL?
- Can I connect multiple Voice Rovers together?
- What frequencies does the Voice Rover cover?
- Are there EQ options available?
- What media types are supported?
- Are there built-in effects?
- Where can I get a replacement power supply?
- How do I setup my wireless mic with my Voice Rover?
- Further Technical Support
The Voice Rover has a number of accessories and playback functions that other similar speakers on the market today do not. These include:
- Built-in rechargeable battery for cordless sound
- 16-channel UHF wireless microphone
- Bluetooth connection for wireless audio streaming
- Built-in USB/SD player for unattended playback
- Built-in pole-mount socket, telescoping handle and transport wheels
- 2-band EQ and reverb effect
- Mic 1 & 2 combo inputs with Mic/Line level selector switch
- 1/4-inch AUX input connector
- Built-in storage for 2 microphones and accessories
The Voice Rover includes the following items in the box:
- Voice Rover
- Power cable (standard IEC)
- 2 AA batteries
- Wireless microphone
- Wireless microphone antenna
- User Guide
- Safety Instructions & Warranty Information Booklet
The Voice Rover has a high-output 10-inch woofer and 1" high frequency driver and supplies up to 240W (peak) power while connected to a wall power outlet and up to 160W (peak) on battery power.
The Voice Rover is DWH 11.9" x 14.2" x 22", and weighs 35.3 lbs.
- Turn on your Bluetooth device.
- Power on Voice Rover.
- Navigate to your Bluetooth device’s setup screen, select Bluetooth which is the Voice Rover speaker, and connect.
Note: If prompted for a passcode, enter 0000.
- Play music from your Bluetooth device.
- Adjust the volume from Voice Rover by holding down the |<< or >>| button to decrease or increase the volume.
- To disconnect pairing, turn off Bluetooth on your device or select “Delete paired info” from the Voice Rover Bluetooth menu.
The typical range is up to about 35 feet (10 meters) with a clear line of sight. However, the range may vary depending upon your source device and the environment.
If the sound from your Marantz Professional Voice Rover is coming out distorted at high and low levels, try lowering the volume control of your sound source - such as your iPod, iPhone, or Android device.
If you continue to experience distortion, contact Marantz Professional Technical Support.
The Voice Rover uses a 12V 5AH rechargeable, sealed lead acid battery.The dimensions for the battery is 2.75" x 3.5" x 4" (L x W x H) , and they weigh approximately 3.25 lbs.
The battery in the Voice Rover provides up to 12 hours of battery life at half power, and 3-4 hours at max power.
It takes approximately 10 hours to charge the battery from empty. For maximum lifespan, the battery should be charged every 3 days.
The SPL for the Voice Rover is 118 dB.
Yes! The Voice Rover features a TRS AUX output that can be used to daisy-chain as many additional Voice Rover speakers as needed to cover any size area with great sound.
The Voice Rover has a frequency response of 55 Hz - 20 kHz.
Yes! The Voice Rover has a ±12dB 2-band EQ that can be used to increase or decrease high and low frequencies. There are also 7 optional equalizer presets to enhance music. You may select from the following EQ settings using the SD Card, USB, or Bluetooth modes:
- Normal (Nor)
- Pop (Pop)
- Rock (Rock)
- Jazz (Jazz)
- Classic (Clas)
- Country (Cou)
- Low Bass (Bas)
The USB port and SD card slot support the use of FAT16/32 file systems, as well as .mp3 and .WAV file types.
Yes! The Voice Rover features a built-in reverb effect with trim adjustment.
The Voice Rover uses a standard IEC cable that is commonly found on other household electronics, such as desktop computers and computer monitors. Many local electronics retailers tend to carry them as well. You may also choose to order a replacement power supply by contacting our Parts Department directly, between the hours of 9 AM and 5:30 PM (EST), at 401-658-3131 Ext. 1403.
To use the included wireless mic, follow these setup steps:
- Ensure 2 new AA alkaline batteries are installed in the wireless mic. The microphone handle unscrews to reveal the battery compartment. Screw the handle back on with the threads facing inward.
- On the UHF Receiver panel on Voice Rover, turn on Power-Vol knob clockwise.
- Turn on the wireless microphone using the switch found on the bottom of the microphone. Watch the AF indicator to make sure a signal is being received.
- Use the Up or Down buttons to select a wireless channel that gives a strong signal.
- Hold the microphone close to your mouth when speaking and the AF LED will illuminate on the Wireless Mic Settings panel. Adjust the Power-Volume knob to increase the level.
Note: If needed, the High/Low (H/L) switch on the wireless mic can be adjusted to increase the signal range. The High power setting consumes more battery power to provide extended range and reception. The Low setting extends battery life for use in scenarios where a lower operating range is acceptable. If needed, the gain adjustment on the microphone can be adjusted clockwise for more output gain. For less output gain, the screw can be adjusted counter-clockwise.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a Marantz Professional product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Marantz Professional technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: phone support, email support.