The Pod Pack 1 is a professional upgrade to any broadcast studio. The kit consists of a high-quality condenser microphone paired with a fully-adjustable suspension boom arm, keeping the desk clear and the microphone always in position for podcasting, on-air or voice-over applications.
- What is included?
- What type of polar pattern does it have?
- What is the frequency response?
- How do I mount the microphone and boom arm?
- Which side is the front?
- Further Technical Support
The Pod Pack 1 Includes:
- USB Condenser Microphone
- Microphone Mount
- Steel Construction Boom Arm
- USB Cable
The Pod Pack 1 has a standard cardioid pattern that will be the most sensitive directly in the front of the capsule and reject any sound from directly behind the capsule. Here is a graph depicting the capsule's response at 1kHz:
The Pod Pack 1 has a 20-17,000Hz frequency response with a fairly flat response that emphasizes the tonal character and clarity of your source, while not being overly harsh.
The Pad Pack 1 comes with a custom mount for mounting to your included boom arm or mic stand. It's always recommended to mount the included mount first before attaching the microphone to prevent any accidental damage to the mic. Here is a simple procedure to follow:
- Atatch the included clamp for you boom stand to your table.
- Loosen the screw on the clamp and place the boomstand into the mounted clamp then tighten until secure.
- Hold the shock mount firmly in one hand and bring the mounting piece up to meet the threaded end of the arm on your boom arm.
- Instead of spinning the shock mount, continue to hold it in one hand while using the other hand to spin the arm of the microphone stand, screwing it into the shock mount's mounting piece.
- Once the shock mount is secured firmly to the microphone stand, position the shock and tighten the screws on the shock mount and boom arm so that they stay firmly in place
- Place the microphone in it's mount
- While holding the microphone in one hand, gently spin the microphone mounting piece on the mount to secure the microphone in place
Important: Always, make sure that the screws on the microphone, shock mount and stand are loosened before making any adjustments to their angle. Forcing any joint without properly loosening it's screw can damage and strip the joint, affecting it's ability to remain secure. The joints should also never be made too tight and should never require more pressure than can be provided by one hand. Again, this can damage the joint and affect it's ability to remain secure in the future.
The Pod Pack 1 is a side-address microphone, meaning the capsule is parallel to it's body. The microphone will accept sound from sources perpendicular to the microphone body, as opposed to a front-address microphone, like the Shure SM58, that accepts sound from it's top or end.
When positioning the Pod Pack 1, the front will be the side marked by the Marantz logo. Point this side towards your source for the best results.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a Marantz Professional product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Marantz Professional technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: phone support, email support.