Featuring an 8-channel / 2-bus tabletop mixer with USB well suited for live performance applications and studio recording environments. This article walks through a number of frequently asked questions about the Marantz Pro Sound Live 8.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I use the Sound Live mixer to record into my computer?
- Is phantom power enabled per-channel or for all channels simultaneously?
- How is the built-in compressor controlled?
- Why isn't my mobile device charging when I plug it into USB port on top of the mixer?
- What is the DFX BYPASS jack for?
- What does the green SIG light indicate?
- What is the difference between the Sound Live 8 and Sound Live 12?
- Further Technical Support
Yes. The Sound Live 8 mixer has a USB connection that carries 2 channels of audio from the MAIN output channel of the mixer to your computer. The USB connection also allows you to send audio from your computer back to the last channel of the mixer.
Phantom power supplies +48V to the XLR mic inputs and the LED next to the button will light up. This will enable phantom power for all channels simultaneously. Please note: that most dynamic microphones do not require phantom power, while most condenser microphones do. (Consult your microphone’s documentation to find out whether it needs phantom power.)
The COMP knob controls both the threshold and makeup gain for the compressor. The LED next to the knob will light up when the compressor is on.
The USB power outlet on the top of all Marantz Pro Sound Live mixer is a 5V 1A power supply and may charge your personal devices slower than a proper outlet. To optimize the charging speed of your device, try lowering your screen brightness and closing unused applications.
This input allows you to use a standard 1/4” (6.35mm) latching-style footswitch (sold separately) to toggle the mixer's internal effects processor (when the footswitch is in its “closed” position).
When the green SIG light blinks on a channel, it means that a level of 2dBU has been reached. For optimum performance, try to only have this illuminate at your signals highest peaks.
Sound Live 8:
- 5 XLR inputs with Marantz Professional microphone preamps
- 2 channels of Dynamic compression (Channels 1-2)
- Channels 1-6 offer a 75 Hz low frequency filter with an 18 dB/octave slope
- Dimensions: 12.0” x 13.6” x 3.1” (305 mm x 346 mm x 80 mm)
Sound Live 12:
- 7 XLR inputs with Marantz Professional mic preamps
- 4 channels of Dynamic compression (Channels 1-4)
- Channels 1-10 offer a 75 Hz low frequency filter with an 18 dB/octave slope.
- Dimensions: 14.1” x 13.6” x 3.1” (358 x 346 x 80 mm)
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a Marantz Professional product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Marantz Professional technical support team is available to help! Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: phone support, email support.