Sound Shield Live is a professional vocal reflection filter perfectly sized for any studio space. Designed for microphone stand mounting, it features a wide adjustment range to accommodate any size microphone. This article walks through a number of frequently asked questions about the Marantz Pro Sound Shield Live.
- How can the Sound Shield Live help my recordings?
- What are the dimensions and weight of the Sound Shield Live?
- How can I mount the Sound Shield Live?
- What is the difference between the Sound Shield, Sound Shield Compact and Sound Shield Live?
- Further Technical Support
In a non-acoustically treated room there can be a lot of unwanted sound interference while recording, such as echos from the singers voice reverberating off the surrounding surfaces.
These reflecting sound waves can ruin recordings of even the best performances, but the can be minimized by absorption and diffusion panels on the walls and ceiling of the recording room. Sound treating a room this way can be rather costly and requires a vast knowledge of how the sound interacts with surrounding surfaces.
The Sound Shield Live is the cost effective solution to these recording issues.
It is composed of two key components: the folding diffusion shell, and the foam absorption lining. The outer shell is composed two curved metal plates are vented with small holes designed to redirect unwanted audio from reaching the microphone. The inner walls of the diffusion shell are lined with high quality foam used to absorb the source's reflecting audio waves that are being recorded after they reach the microphone.
Below are the dimensions for the Marantz Pro Sound Shield Live:
- Unfolded: 17.3 x 11.3 x 12.0" (440 x 288 x 305mm)
- Weight: 31 lbs (1.8kg)
The Marantz Pro Sound Shield Live can be mounted to any standard microphone stand via its built-in threaded insert.
- Made with High-density EVA foam, 5 camber-shaped metal panels and 3 detachable aluminum feet
- Heaviest item in the Sound Shield series
Sound Shield Compact:
- High-quality metal design
- Perfect for studio or field use
- Made with High-density acoustic foam and two curved metal panels for professional acoustic foam to reject ambient sound
- Mounts to microphone stand (not adjustable)
Sound Sheld Live:
- Has an adjustable microphone mount assembly to accommodate even the tallest microphones
- Made with professional high-density acoustic foam and 1 curved metal panel for lightweight, rugged construction
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an Marantz Pro product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Marantz Pro technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.