Vocal Studio Pro is the all-in-one solution for your computer-recording projects. Lay down vocals on your latest tune. Narrate your next podcast. Add a voice-over to your multimedia production. Vocal Studio Pro does it all. The unique combination of high-performance hardware and easy-to-use software makes it possible. Simply plug the microphone into the interface, connect the interface to the computer, put on the headphones, and you’re ready.
- How to connect the M-Audio microphone
- Creating a Pro Tools Vocal Session
- Further Technical Assistance
For installation instructions and Frequently Asked Questions for the M-TRACK Plus hardware, see here
For installation instructions and Frequently Asked Questions for the Pro Tools Express software, see here.
Make sure to have the included XLRcable and the unit already connected to your computer.
- Plug the female end of XLR cable into the end of the microphone.
- Plug the male end of the XLR cable into input #1 on the M_TRACK Plus.
- Plug the USB cable into the M-TRACK Plus and the other end into your computer. This gives the M-Track Plus power, and allows it connect to the programs in your computer.
- Turn the switch for +48V up to turn on the Phantom Power. Phantom power allows condenser mic's like the one included to be able to work and function properly.
- Test the mic by gently taping or speaking into it. Turn the Gain knob up slowly to increase the volume of the mic's signal going to the M-TRACK. You will know it is working by seeing the LED indicators on the M-TRACK go up and down.
Select Track from the upper toolbar and now click New.
- Now create one Mono Audio Track, and select Create.
Select Window from the toolbar and then click Mix.
- When you bring up the Mix window, you will need to Record Arm the tracks for recording and monitoring. The record enable button will turn red when it is initialized.
- You can test the Mic now to get a good recording level. It is important to not peak into the red. This will cause digital distortion which is very unpleasant. Keep in the green and yellow, this will not be loud but very clear. You can add plug-ins later to increase volume and dynamics.
- Click the Record button to get ready to record. When you are ready to record click the Play button. The Play button will now turn green and the recording will begin. Click the Stop button to end the recording.
- Once you have a recorded vocal you can now start adding enhancements to it such as EQ, FX, and Compression to name a few. We can do this in a fast and simple way by using something called a Plug-In. You can find these by clicking on the Inserts drop down window on the top of your vocal track. Here is where you can choose the type of Plug-In you want to use to alter and enhance your sound.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an M-Audio product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the M-Audio technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.