The M-Audio Vocal Studio brings world-class audio to all your computer recording projects. Lay down vocals on your latest tune; narrate your next podcast; add a voice-over to your multimedia production; Vocal Studio does it all. The M-Audio Vocal Studio comes with a free download of the AIR Ignite software. This guide walks through through the process of properly setting up the Vocal Studio with Ignite.
- First, make sure to get the latest Vocal Studio driver for your operating system from the M-Audio Drivers, Firmware, & Software Updates Search page.
- Once the correct and latest driver is downloaded, install the driver. To do so, locate the installation file after it has downloaded and double click on it to run the program.
- Follow the prompts on screen to install the driver properly.
- Once the driver completes the installation click Finish.
- When the driver installs you will notice there is now a Vocal Studio control panel in the docking tray at the bottom right hand corner of your desktop. Double-click on the M-Audio icon to open the control panel.
- This control panel gives access to the different properties of the Vocal Studio. Make sure that the Input Gain is set to an appropriate level, most likely somewhere in the middle. If the gain is turned down all the way or too low, you may not hear or see any signal when you attempt to record in Ignite.
- Open Ignite and click Edit > Preferences.
- In the window that opens, select Audio Setup.
- Next, you will see a list of all the available Audio Devices you can pick from. Locate the device "M-Audio Producer USB ASIO" and set Input to 1 and Output to 1/2.
- As long as you followed the steps in the Driver Installation process process above and ensured that the Input Gain was not turned all the way down, you should now have audio. The Input Level meters can confirm this.
- The Vocal Studio is now properly configured with Ignite. Click the Up Arrow in the top left of the window to go back to the main preferences menu.
- Close out of the Main Menu by hitting the Close button.
- Click the Choose button/icon. You can now select what type of Instrument to use.
- Select the AUDIO icon. This will allow you to record audio from an external device like the Vocal Studio.
- Next select VOICE and the effect you would like applied to your recording. This will add a new track to your project
- Click the Slider Button to show your input level for the track.
- You are now ready to record. Hit the Record Button to start the recording.
- Sing/speak into the Vocal Studio microphone and the recording will begin!
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an M-Audio product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the M-Audio technical support team is available to help!
Each product has a dedicated support page on the website where you can find manuals, specifications, software updates, drivers and troubleshooting guides: www.m-audio.com
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.