Many ION turntables utilize the same, easily replaceable, CZ-800-10 cartridge. There are many reasons why you might need to replace the cartridge on your turntable, but the most common reason is that you’ve had your turntable for a long time and the stylus is worn. This guide will walk you through removing your old cartridge and replacing it with a new one.
- Which ION turntables use the CZ-800-10 cartridge?
- Replacing a CZ-800-10 cartridge
- Further technical support
The CZ-800-10 current fits the following ION Audio turntables:
- Air LP
- Archive LP
- CD Direct
- Classic LP
- Duo Deck
- Forever LP
- Live LP
- LP 2 GO
- Max LP
- Mobile LP [iPTUSB Red]
- Mobile LP [iPTUSB White]
- Power Play
- Profile LP
- Profile Pro
- Quick Play Flash
- Quick Play LP
- Vinyl Motion
- Vinyl Motion Deluxe
- Use your left hand to grip the tab on the front of the headshell between your finger and thumb. With your right hand, grip the cartridge from the sides and pull it away from you and down while applying upward pressure to the retention clip on the headshell with your left hand.
- Pull the cartridge away and move the headshell to the side.
- Hold the cartridge with your left hand and use your right hand to disconnect the wires from their pins. Try gently wiggling and pulling from the metal connectors one by one. Do not pull on the actual wires as it may cause damage. Note how the wires are connected - you'll need to plug the replacement cartridge in the same way.
- With your old cartridge now completely disconnected, you're free to connect your new CZ-800-10. Re-connect the wires in the same configuration and snap the new cartridge into the headshell.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a ION product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the experienced ION technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.