The ION Audio Plunge Max is a high-performance Bluetooth streaming boombox with a rugged, rubberized design that is fully IPX7 water-resistant, meaning you can keep your music close, even at the water's edge. This article will answer some of the popular questions about the features and functionality of the ION Audio Plunge Max.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What does "IPX7 water-resistant" mean?
- Does the ION Audio Plunge Max float?
- How is the sound quality on the ION Audio Plunge Max?
- How can I connect my phone/tablet to the ION Audio Plunge Max?
- Can I answer phone calls with the ION Audio Plunge Max?
- Can I charge my phone with the USB port on the ION Audio Plunge Max?
- How long will the ION Audio Plunge Max battery last on a full charge?
- How do I charge the ION Audio Plunge Max?
- What does "NFC-enabled" mean?
- How will I know which radio station I'm listening to?
- Can I use SIRI through the ION Audio Plunge Max?
- The sound is distorted. What should I do?
- The cap on the back feels tight. Is this normal?
- Further Technical Support
The IP Standard is a rating system used to determine the level to which a device can withstand water, ranging from not water-resistant at all to fully submergeable. The IPX7 rating means that the device can be dropped into water up to about 3 feet but should not remain submerged. The ION Audio Plunge Max can handle being knocked off the boat or into the pool,
The ION Audio Plunge Max can handle splashing, waves, sprinklers, rain, and even being knocked off the boat or into the pool, but try not to let it float or stay submerged for too long.
Yes! So don't worry if it gets knocked into the pool. You can fish it out without the music skipping a beat.
The ION Audio Plunge Max features a 40-watt dynamic power amplifier and dual full-range speakers with three bass radiators. Despite its compact design, the ION Audio Plunge Max delivers a controlled and powerful sound with plenty of low-end to fill the room.
The ION Audio Plunge Max features Bluetooth and NFC connectivity to connect virtually any Bluetooth (A2DP) or NFC-enabled phone, tablet, or laptop. Don't have Bluetooth? Connect the device using the 1/8" (3.5mm) Aux input on the back with the included aux cable. Keep in mind, the ION Audio Plunge Max should be kept away from water while the rear cover is off.
Yes! You can answer an incoming call from the connected Bluetooth device by simply pressing the Call Receive button. The ION Audio Plunge Max even has a built-in microphone so you can keep your phone away from the pool.
Yes, the USB port on the back can be used to charge your phone while the ION Audio Plunge Max is powered on, and will even work while running on battery power. Keep in mind, charging your phone while the ION Audio Plunge Max is running on battery power may affect the battery life of the Plunge Max.
On a full charge, the ION Audio Plunge Max battery will last up to 20 hours, though high speaker volumes and charging USB devices will affect the battery life.
The ION Audio Plunge Max can be charged by simply connecting the included power adapter. the Plunge Max can even be used while the battery is charging.
NFC, or "Near-Field Communication" is a protocol used to pair devices by simply tapping them together. Similar to Bluetooth, you can use this to stream music to an NFC-enabled speaker. Not every device will have NFC capabilities, so check with your device manufacturer first to see if it is NFC-enabled.
To connect via NFC:
- In order to use NFC, your device must be turned on and unlocked.
- Enter your device’s Settings menu and check that NFC is turned On (one time step).
- Power on Plunge Max.
- Touch and briefly hold your device to the NFC logo.
- Follow the pairing instructions that appear on your phone. If a passcode is required, enter “0000”.
- To unpair, gently bump your device against the NFC logo located on Plunge Max’s top panel.
The ION Audio Plunge Max does not have a display. So, while changing radio stations, the Plunge Max will verbally dictate the selected station number. The ION Audio Plunge Max can save up to 6 preset stations to make your favorite stations easy to find.
Yes, SIRI and other voice assistants on a connected Bluetooth device can be used by pressing and holding the Call Receive button for 2 seconds. This may not be compatible with all smartphones.
If the sound of the speaker is distorted or noisy, this may indicate that the output level of the phone or connected device is too loud. Try lowering the output volume of your device to around 75% for a strong and clear signal.
Yes, the cap on the rear is tight to ensure no water leaks into the USB, Aux, and power ports on the back of the speaker. Make sure that this cap remains tight and secure when using the speaker near water.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an ION product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the experienced ION technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.