Whether before the game or a fun gathering in your backyard, you can count on Tailgater™ Flash to make any event a special occasion with its great sound and dynamic light show. With its 2-way speaker system, your music will sound its best. This article will discuss some common questions about the Tailgater Flash.
- How do I pair my Tailgater Flash to my Bluetooth Device?
- My Bluetooth device sees the Tailgater Flash, but will not connect to it. How do I get it to pair?
- What is NFC and how do I use it?
- I see there is a USB port on the Tailgater Flash. What is this used for?
- What type of battery does the Tailgater Flash have? Can I replace the battery myself?
- How long should I charge the battery? How long does the charge last?
- How many light modes does the Tailgater Flash have?
- I get feedback when I use a microphone. How can I prevent this?
- How powerful is the speaker?
- Further Technical Support
Check out our video below for a complete walkthrough:
- Turn on your Bluetooth device.
- Power on Tailgater Flash and it will automatically go into pairing mode to search for Bluetooth devices. You will know you are in pairing mode when the Bluetooth icon is off.
- Navigate to your Bluetooth device’s setup screen, find “Tailgater Flash” and connect. Note: If your Bluetooth device prompts for a pairing code, enter “0000”.
- The Bluetooth icon will be lit solid when a device is “paired” to Tailgater Flash.
- Press and hold the Bluetooth button for 2 seconds to disconnect a paired Bluetooth device. 6. To connect to another Bluetooth device, repeat steps 3-4.
Note: Maximum range will be achieved when using devices with Bluetooth 4.0.
In your device’s Bluetooth settings, select the Tailgater Flash and choose “Forget Device”. After your device “forgets” the Tailgate Flash, it should be able to reconnect. Check out this section of our video for a walkthrough on this and other troubleshooting steps.
NFC (near-field communication) allows data exchange from devices, such as pairing, by gently bumping them together. Check the documentation for your mobile device to see if it is NFC-enabled.
To use NFC to pair with Tailgater Flash:
- In order to use NFC, your device must be turned on and unlocked.
- Enter your device’s Settings menu and check that NFC is turned On (one time step).
- Power on Tailgater Flash.
- Touch and briefly hold your device to the NFC logo.
- Follow the pairing instructions that appear on your phone. If a passcode is required, enter “0000”.
- To unpair, gently bump your device against the NFC logo located on Tailgater Flash’s top panel.
We placed a convenient USB port to charge your device while you play music using Bluetooth, auxiliary, or radio!
The Tailgater Flash has a 12V 5.0Ah SLA and can be easily replaced. Check out the following guide for assistance with replacing the battery.
The battery takes 6-8 hours to fully charge, and the charge lasts 50 hours of continuous use.
The Tailgater Flash features the following 11 light modes.
- Shimmering Lights (non-reactive to music)
- EQ Bars (reactive to music)
- Wavy Line: (non-reactive to music)
- Moving Block (reactive to music)
- Pulsating Block (reactive to music)
- Pulsating Bar (reactive to music)
- Vertical Lights Wipe (non-reactive to music)
- Diagonal Lights Wipe (non-reactive to music)
- Vertical Lights Scrolling (non-reactive to music)
- Snowflake/Square Lights (non-reactive to music)
- Circular Spinning Lights (non-reactive to music)
There are a few easy steps you can take to reduce the likelihood of feedback. Check out the following article.
The Tailgater Flash speaker has 50 watts of dynamic power.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an ION product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the experienced ION technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.