The newer versions of the ION Audio Job Rocker series products come with a user-replaceable antenna. The antenna connection is located on the top of the unit. If for any reason the antenna needs to be replaced, this panel allows customers to replace the antenna without the need to bring it to a professional. This guide walks through what type of antenna the job rocker uses, how to obtain one if necessary, and how to physically replace it.
The ION Audio Job Rocker uses a IPA-30 AM/FM Antenna, which can be obtained by contacting ION Audio directly.
- Phillips head screwdriver
- Small wrench
- Flat head screw driver
- Cup to hold screws
- IMPORTANT: First, disconnect all power cables, audio cables, and accessories.
- Make sure that the product is completely disconnected from any electrical power outlets.
- It would be a good idea to have a small cup to put the screws inside of so you don't loose any.
- Do this on a table or flat surface
Locate the antenna on the top of the product. It is secured by one Phillips-head screw.
- Remove the screw which secures the panel to the top.
Next, unscrew the back panel. You only need to take the screws out on the edges of the panel, none of the screws located on the inside of the panel.
- Pull up gently on the rubber pads on the back. If this seems stuck use a flat head screw driver and gently wedge the plate up.
- Remove back panel and place gently down on table.
- Find the antenna attachment inside. Use a wrench and unscrew the nut. Twisting the antenna will not loosen the bolt from the inside, you must unscrew the nut inside completely to take off the antenna. There may be some green glue on the bolt. This will come off easily when unscrewing the nut, or you can chip it off with the flat head screw driver.
- Once the nut is taken off, slide the washer with the wire attached off the bolt and remove antenna.
- Insert the new antenna and screw the nuts back into place.
- Screw the back panel onto the unit and enjoy.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a ION product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the experienced ION technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.