The ION Audio Rock Speaker Bluetooth is the perfect way to enjoy your music in your garden, on your patio, or by the pool. ION's Rock Speaker Bluetooth blends in perfectly with your yard’s landscape and can stream music from any Bluetooth® music player, including iPad, iPhone, iPod, and Android devices. This article walks through a number of frequently asked questions about the ION Audio Rock Speaker Bluetooth.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is the ION Audio Rock Speaker battery-powered?
- How long does the battery last?
- Is the battery user-replaceable?
- Does the Rock Speaker Bluetooth come with or need a power supply?
- How do I connect my Bluetooth device to the Rock Speaker?
- How far can the Bluetooth connection go?
- Can more than one Rock speaker be connected simultaneously?
- If I connect two Rock Speakers, how far apart should they be?
- Is the ION Audio Rock Speaker Bluetooth water-proof?
- The sound is coming out distorted. What is happening and how can I fix it?
- How do I completely reset the Rock Speaker?
- Where can I get further technical assistance?
The ION Audio Rock Speaker has an internal, non user-replaceable rechargeable battery. With the purchase comes a charging adapter that is used only to charge the battery and is not water-resistant. While charging, the charging light will show Red. When the unit is fully charged, the red charging light will go out.
If the battery will not charge or hold a charge, contact ION Audio Technical Support for further assistance.
At one-third to one-half volume, a fully-charged ION Audio Rock Speaker battery will last about 48 hours (or longer). The volume of the Rock Speaker is controlled directly from your Bluetooth-connected device.
The battery is not user-replaceable. If the battery will not charge or hold a charge, contact ION Audio Technical Support for further assistance.
The ION Audio Rock Speaker runs on a rechargeable, internal battery and is not powered by a power adapter. Included with purchase is a charging adapter used for charging the battery only.
- On your ION Audio Rock Speaker, enter Bluetooth Mode by tapping the Bluetooth button.
- Once you are in Bluetooth mode, go to your Bluetooth-capable device and locate the ION Audio Rock Speaker in the Bluetooth settings, then choose to pair to it. Once paired, you will hear some tones indicating that the pairing process was successful.
And that's it!
Yes! First, pair two Rock Speakers together, then link your Bluetooth-capable device to one of the Rock Speakers. To do this:
- Power on both ION Audio Rock Speakers. Simultaneously press the Link button on both of them.
It may take up to two minutes for the Rock Speakers to pair together. You will hear various tones as they search and the tones will begin to change as the Rock Speakers find each other and pair together.
Do NOT try to pair to your Bluetooth-capable device while the speakers are pairing to each other. Wait until the Rock Speakers have completed the process before moving to the next step.
When the Link button turns solid blue, the Rock Speakers have paired together.
- Next, one one of the Rock Speakers only, enter Bluetooth Mode by tapping the Bluetooth button. The Rock Speaker connected directly the Bluetooth signal becomes the Master and the second Rock Speaker becomes the Slave.
- On your Bluetooth-capable device, locate the ION Audio Rock Speaker in the Bluetooth settings and choose to pair to it. Once paired, you will hear some tones indicating that the pairing process was successful.
And that's it! When all is paired together, the ION Audio Rock Speakers become a stereo pair.
Powering off one of the Rock Speakers will power off both. This will also happen when powering two connected Rock Speakers back on.
As an added bonus, the next time the connected Rock Speakers are powered on, they will automatically find and pair to each other, typically within just a few seconds of powering on, and will automatically search and pair to your Bluetooth device as well without needing to take any of the steps above.
The range of the Bluetooth connection of the ION Audio Rock Speaker is between 30 and 60 feet - as long as the transmitting audio source is not moving around, there are no obstructions between the audio source and the Rock Speaker, and it is not in a pocket or covered in any way. The range can be also be affected by the Bluetooth chip-set in the audio source as well.
Also, the location of the actual placement of the Rock Speaker can affect the signal as well. For example, do you have it sunk down in the dirt a bit? Is it raised up off the ground? Placement also affects the Bluetooth range as well.
If the Bluetooth-connected device is brought out of range of the Master Rock Speaker, a tone from the Rock Speaker will sound. By entering back into range, the Bluetooth device will automatically re-pair and continue sending an audio signal.
The distance between two paired Rock Speakers, depending upon placement (see above), can range from 5 to 10 meters - or 15 to 30 feet.
The ION Audio Rock Speakers are IPX4 water-resistant. This means that they are not water-proof, but they can resist splashing water from any angle. ION Audio recommends taking the Rock Speakers inside during extreme cold, heavy rain, or melting snow, and avoiding letting them sit in standing water.
If the sound from your Rock Speaker is coming out distorted, try lowering the volume control of your sound source - such as your iPod, iPhone, or Android device. If you continue to experience sound issues after following the steps suggested above, you may want to contact ION Audio Technical Support.
On the bottom of the ION Audio Rock Speaker is a small reset button. By using the tip of a pen or the end of a paper clip and pushing in that button for about 3 seconds, the Rock Speaker will be set back to the default manufacturer's settings, ultimately resetting the firmware and saved Bluetooth connections.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a ION product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the experienced ION technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.