The ION Cornerstone Glow features a truly innovative corner-mounted design that is both visually unobtrusive and acoustically favorable. The bright, multi color LED light display turns any music into something truly spectacular. This article answers popular questions about the features and functionality of the ION Cornerstone Glow.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How long should I charge the battery? Can it be overcharged?
- How long does the battery last?
- Is the internal battery user replacement?
- Is the Cornerstone Glow water resistant?
- How do I connect Cornerstone Glow through Bluetooth?
- Can the LED light display be controlled?
- Can I link multiple Cornerstone Glows?
- If I connect 2 Cornerstone Glows, how far apart can they be?
- How do I reset my Cornerstone Glow?
- The output sound on the Cornerstone is poor quality, How can I fix this?
- Where can I get further technical assistance?
The Cornerstone Glow charging LED will be solid red while charging and turns off when the battery is fully charged. An estimated time for the battery to fully charge is 5.5 hours. The Cornerstone Glow can be plugged in at all times and cannot be overcharged.
On a full charge, the battery will last up to 50 hours at a normal listening volume. Listening at higher volumes may result in a shorter battery life.
The Cornerstone Glow uses a rechargeable 12V 2.3aH sealed lead-acid battery.If you ever need to replace the battery, it is easy to do yourself. Batteries are available at many retailers including www.ionaudio.com/batteries. There is also a complete video walk through on replacing the battery on Cornerstone speaker.
NOTE: The process is the same for the Cornerstone Glow.
The Cornerstone Glow is IPX4 level water-resistant. This means that it will withstand splashing water and even rain, but should not be submerged in water. You may want to consider covering the speakers or taking them inside if you are expecting torrential rain or heavy snowfall.
- Power on the Cornerstone by holding down the Power button. You will hear “Power On” for confirmation.
- Press the Bluetooth Connect button briefly to enter Connecting Mode – the Bluetooth LED will blink fast, and you will hear “Pairing” to indicate this.
- Navigate to your device’s Bluetooth setup screen, find Cornerstone, and connect.
Note: If you experience trouble in connecting, select Forget this Device on your Bluetooth device and try to connect again. Also, the Solar Stone will automatically turn off after 30 minutes if no audio is playing.
The Cornerstone Glow Light Mode allows the user to select different light effects. By pressing this button you cycle the following modes:
- Color Cycle: The lights slowly glow and cycle through colors. Press and hold the light mode button to freeze the lights on one color.
- Beat Sync: The lights react to the beat of the music.
- Solid Color: The lights are lit solidly with one color. Press the Light Mode button again to cycle through the colors: Blue, Green, Red, Aqua, Yellow, Purple, White, and Off (default when Cornerstone Glow is first powered on).
Yes! Press the LINK button to link two Cornerstone Glow units together. The LED blinks fast when searching for another Cornerstone Glow and is solid when linked to another Cornerstone Glow.
A paired set of Cornerstone Glows can be up to 30’ away in distance.
There is a small reset port just above the power outlet on the back of the Cornerstone Glow. If the Cornerstone Glow is working abnormally, shut down the unit by placing a paper clip into this hole and gently push until the unit turns off. Try this only after you have first attempted to restart Cornerstone using the Power Button.
Make sure that your Bluetooth Source is not too far away from your speaker(s). There should be no more than 100’ of distance between your device and the speaker. If you’re using a pair of Cornerstones make sure the speakers are no more than 30’ from each other.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an ION product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the experienced ION technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.