Don’t move the party inside when the sun goes down! Bring your outdoor activities to light with the Patio Mate from ION Audio. This article answers some popular questions about the features and functionality of the ION Audio Patio Mate.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I mount my Patio Mate?
- How do I pair my device to the Patio Mate?
- How many lights are on the Patio Mate?
- How bright is the Patio Mate?
- How do I charge My Patio Mate?
- How Long is the Battery Life?
- How far is the Bluetooth range?
- Can I leave my Patio Mate outside all the time?
- How powerful are the speakers on the Patio Mate?
- What if my device doesn't have Bluetooth, can I still listen to music?
- Further Technical Support
The Patio Mate installs quickly on any standard umbrella including market or cantilevered style (1.0”-1.6” diameter). If you do not wish to mount the Patio Mate on a pole, or do not have that option, a hanging strap is also included in the box for mounting to other structures.
- Turn on your Bluetooth device.
- Power on the Patio Mate and it will automatically go into pairing mode to search for Bluetooth devices.
- Navigate to your Bluetooth device’s setup screen, find "Patio Mate" and connect.
Note: If your Bluetooth device prompts for a pairing code, enter “0000”.
- Press and release the Bluetooth button to disconnect a paired Bluetooth device.
- To connect to another Bluetooth device, repeat step 3.
Note: Maximum range will be achieved when using devices with Bluetooth 4.0.
The Patio Mate has 8 super bright LEDs
The brightness of the Patio Mate is 80 lumens on the high setting and 40 lumens on the low setting.
The Patio Mate uses a micro USB port for charging (power adapter sold separately). You can use any 5V DC 500mA USB power adapter to charge your unit, much like the adapter you use to charge your cell phone or tablet!
The battery life for the Patio Mate varies by its use. Refer below for an approximation of how long the battery will last under certain circumstances.
- Up to 9 hours with just the lights on.
- Up to 48 hours with only music playing.
- Up to 8 hours with lights and music.
- Recharge time: 6 hours
The Bluetooth range on the Patio Mate is up to 100 feet(3m) if the source is clear of obstructions, like walls, trees, etc.
The Patio Mate has IPX4 Level water resistance which will allow you to keep it outside in moderate conditions!
Note: For more extreme weather conditions, store the Patio Mate in a cool dry place.
The Patio Mate has an output power of 6 Watts( 2 x 3W Peak).
Yes! The patio Mate also has a 3.5mm auxillary input, which will allow you to directly connect to it with your mobile device using an auxillary cable.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an ION product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the experienced ION technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.