The Denon MC6000MK2 supports Serato's DVS Expansion Pack which allows the DJ to connect turntables or CD decks by using Noisemap™ Control Tone records or CDs. You also can use Denon’s SC2900 and SC3900 Hybrid mode to control DVS in your Serato DJ setup too. The following guide below will show the user how to properly setup, connect and use Vinyl/CDJ control with the MC6000MK2 by using the DVS Expansion Pack.
First, the user will need to purchase and activate Serato’s DVS Expansion Pack to enable Vinyl/CD DJ control through the setup screen inside Serato DJ. Serato DVS is available as a paid Expansion Pack with Serato DJ 1.7. It’s available as an in-app purchase and in the Serato Online Store. After acquiring the DVS Epansion Pack, continue with the steps below.
- Connect your turntables or CD decks RCA cables to LINE4 and/or LINE3 in the rear of your MC6000MK2. If you're using turntables, select PHONO. If you're using CD decks, select LINE.
- In the rear of your MC6000MK2, under the USB section, set your USB AUDIO switch to LN3/4 THRU TO PC.
- Keep in mind, only channels 3 and 4 of your MC6000MK2 can input both PHONO or LINE signals. If you're using turntables, you can use channels 3 and/or 4. If you're using CD decks, you can choose either one of the four channels available for your setup. Regardless what channel you choose to use, ensure you select PC on your channel selector to receive your PHONO or LINE signal for DVS.
- Now lets set up your Serato DJ software with DVS. Ensure you've activated the Serato DVS Expansion Pack in Serato DJ. We suggest you select REL mode for your setup. If you're properly setup (hardware and software), you'll see both decks that are using DVS as shown below.
- If you're not properly setup, you'll see both decks in black labeled THRU as shown below. If this is the case, check you physical setup on your MC6000MK2 and make sure you select REL mode in Serato DJ.
- For your last step, you'll need to properly calibrate your decks for DVS. Click on SETUP > DJ Preferences to navigate to this screen. We recommend you read and go through Serato's Pro Tip: DVS Calibration and Setup guide to assist you with your setup.
- That's it. Enjoy DVS with your MC6000MK2!
NOT PROPERLY SETUP:
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a Denon DJ product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Denon DJ technical support team is available to help! Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.