It's time to experience unprecedented keytar performance with the Alesis Vortex Wireless. The Vortex Wireless eliminates the barrier between you and your audience by giving you the freedom to move around the stage and take the lead without being connected to any cables. This article walks through a number of frequently asked questions about the Alesis Vortex Wireless.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the main differences between the original Vortex and the new Vortex Wireless?
- What software does the Vortex Wireless come with?
- How can I get the software if it is not included in the box?
- How does the Vortex Wireless achieve wireless capability?
- Is the Vortex Wireless battery powered?
- What colors are available?
- Technical Support and Warranty Service
The Vortex and the Vortex Wireless are very similar in form, however the original Vortex was white, and the new Vortex Wireless comes with a black glossy finish. Also, the Vortex Wireless now includes a USB dongle which allows it to connect wirelessly to your Macintosh or PC, as well as a USB extender cable for USB dongle, 4x AA batteries, and a black strap to match the new black color.
The Vortex Wireless will ship with Ableton Live Lite 8 - Alesis version. The Vortex Wireless also includes a free download of AIR Ignite, the Vyzex Vortex preset editor software, and the AIR Xpand!2 (downloadable virtual instrument).
AIR Ignite, Vyzex Vortex, and the AIR Xpand!2 can be downloaded at the Vortex Wireless product page (hhttp://www.alesis.com/account/signin/) on the Alesis Website. You will be required to enter your serial number and then a link will be provided.
- Go to http://www.alesis.com/account/signin/
- If you have an account; input your Email Address, Password and select the bottom Login to your Alesis account. If you do not have an account, Create one.
- Once you have logged in or created your Alesis user account, choose Register Product.
- Enter the requested information to Register your Vortex Wieless and press Register My Product.
Note: Do include all the characters for the serial number including (21) and Purchase of Date by MM/DD/YYYY format.
- Once you have Registered your Vortex Wireless, you can now find the downloads for the software within the My Products section.
The Vortex Wireless comes with a USB dongle allowing for easy wireless USB MIDI connection. Simply connect the USB dongle to your computer, and then power on the Vortex Wireless using the included 4x AA batteries. The USB Dongle will automatically pair with the Vortex Wireless and will be ready to use.
A USB extender cable is also included. This cable extends the USB connection port of your computer outwards so as to ensure that the Vortex Wireless dongle does not block the ability to connect to other local USB ports.
Yes, the Vortex Wireless can be powered via 4x AA batteries (included), or via USB bus power.
The unit features a three-position power switch. To use Battery power, be sure to set the power switch to the BATT setting.
The Vortex Wireless is available is Gloss Black.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a Alesis product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Alesis technical support team is available to help!
Each product has a dedicated support page on the website where you can find manuals, specifications, software updates, drivers and troubleshooting guides: www.alesis.com
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.